Medical Nutrition Therapy
Eat Well for Life
The St. Luke’s Nutrition Services team is delighted to work with you and your physicians to create a meal plan tailored to your individual needs. We’ll show you how proper nutrition can positively impact your health, and we’ll give you the tools needed to eat well for life.
Ask Yourself These Questions
- Have I ever been told my blood sugar is high or that I have diabetes?
- Do I suffer with low blood sugar?
- Is my cholesterol high?
- Do I think I have an eating disorder?
- Am I overweight by 25 pounds or more?
- Does my weight affect the way I breathe, walk or carry out my daily activities?
- Have I recently lost weight without trying?
- Do I have kidney or digestive problems?
- Do I have food allergies?
- Am I pregnant and need nutritional advice?
- Do I need nutritional direction for my child?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you may benefit from Medical Nutrition Therapy, a nutritional approach to treating medical conditions. Patients in Medical Nutrition Therapy benefit from working with a registered dietitian to develop a personalized nutrition plan. The goal is to improve physical conditions through an appropriate and comprehensive eating plan.
Ask your doctor today about St. Luke’s Medical Nutrition Therapy and begin eating healthy for life.
The Nutrition Experts
St. Luke’s dietitians are registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND).
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are food and nutrition experts who have met the following criteria to earn the RD credential:
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a U.S. regionally accredited university or college and AND-approved course work
- Completed an accredited supervised practice program/internship of six to 12 months in length
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Completed continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration
- Some RDs hold additional certifications in specialized areas of practice
Scheduling an Appointment
We offer individual appointments with flexible scheduling. All one-on-one sessions are conducted privately and confidentially. A physician prescription or referral is required for treatment.
St. Luke’s offers a number of other Nutrition and Weight Management Education Programs including:
- Group adult and child weight management programs
- Individual and group diabetes instruction
- Adult diabetes support groups
- Individual child and family Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Community Education (healthy habits, heart health, nutrition and aging, fighting fat, kids and nutrition, sports nutrition, healthy carbohydrates, etc.)
To schedule an appointment with a registered dietitian call 1-866-STLUKES (option 2), or if you have questions about upcoming classes or health-related issues, call:
Easton Outpatient Nutrition Services
1872 St. Luke’s Boulevard
Easton, PA 18045
Some insurance carriers may provide reimbursement for Medical Nutrition Therapy program fees, but some participants may be required to cover the cost themselves. Before scheduling a consultation, please check with your insurance company to confirm the extent of your coverage.