Healing Wounds Safely and Quickly
The goal of St. Luke’s Wound Management Centers is to help your wounds heal as quickly and safely as possible and as a result, improve your quality of life. We bring together teams of physicians and nurses with extensive knowledge in all areas of wound management to provide you an individualized plan of care.
Our specialized services include:
- Advanced wound dressing
- Compression therapy
- Biological skin applications
- Surgical and non-surgical debridement
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- “Offloading” to relieve pressure on the wound
Most major insurance plans are accepted including Medicaid and Medicare Part D.
St. Luke’s Wound Care Centers in Allentown, Bethlehem, Lehighton and Phillipsburg offer Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), a highly effective, painless treatment to heal wounds and radiation complications that are not responding to other treatments. During the sessions, you lie in a clear acrylic chamber filled with pressurized oxygen while you nap, watch television or listen to music. The pressure, combined with pure oxygen, increases the concentration of oxygen in your blood stream, in turn enhancing your body’s ability to heal itself.
By healing wounds when other treatments fail, HBOT reduces your risk for amputation – particularly if you have diabetes. Studies have shown that hyperbaric oxygen therapy speeds wound healing for many types of wounds and complications associated with radiation treatments, such as:
- Diabetic ulcers of the lower extremities and feet with vascular complications
- Wounds of patients who have had radiation to treat head and neck cancer and need oral surgery
- Slow healing and non-healing wounds related to radiation treatments and/or bladder and bowel problems related to radiation treatments (STRN)
- Non-healing skin grafts or failing flaps
- Crush injuries
- Chronic bone infections (CRO)
To schedule an appointment, call 484-526-5585.