About St. Luke’s University Health Network
St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a non-profit, regional, fully integrated, nationally recognized network providing services at 14 campuses and more than 300 sites in Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Bucks, Montgomery, Berks, Monroe and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
St. Luke’s Mission is to care for the sick and injured regardless of their ability to pay, improve our communities’ overall health, and educate our health care professionals.
The mission will be accomplished by the following:
- Making the patient our highest priority.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and continuously improving care provided to heal the sick and injured.
- Coordinating and integrating services into a seamless, easily accessible system of care.
- Improving the level of service provided throughout the Network.
- Ensuring all health care services are relevant to the needs of the community.
- Striving to maximize the satisfaction of our patients, employees, medical staff and volunteers, and
- Training allied health professionals, nursing and medical students, and residents and fellows and attracting them to practice within our Network's service area.
- Achieve top decile performance in national quality measures
- Provide exceptional service and cost-effective care
- Be perceived as easy to use by all who access or provide our services
- Be one of the region’s best places to work
PCRAFT values are the guiding core principles of St. Luke’s health care team, the qualities we strive for with every encounter. Pride, caring, respect, accountability, flexibility and teamwork are the qualities our team will deliver every time.
PCRAFT values should always be on display – during a routine checkup at the doctor’s office, in a St. Luke’s Care Now facility, in the Emergency Department, during a same-day procedure or a complex surgery. As a patient or prospective employee, you can count on every member of the St. Luke’s team to display PCRAFT values in every situation.
Our Strategic Focus:
People and Relationships
- Physicians, Employees and Volunteers -- our most important assets
- We will be the "employer of choice"
- Continue to simplify management structure
- Promote efficiency and effectiveness
- Transparent, accountable management
- Ongoing adherence to our Management Philosophy
- Focus on clinical process improvements using national benchmarks and appropriately share the outcomes of our ongoing focus on quality
- Perform in the top decile in national pay-for-performance programs
- Continue to be region's low-cost tertiary hospital