St. Luke’s Compliance & Ethics Program
St. Luke’s Health Network, Inc. (“St. Luke’s”) provides its patients with the highest quality services and medical treatment in an environment that promotes integrity and trust. In order for St. Luke’s to achieve its mission and values, a formal Network Compliance Program (“Compliance Program”) with its policies and standards, as well as laws, rules and regulations that apply to St. Luke’s (collectively “Applicable Standards”) have been created as our commitment to meeting the highest standards of medical and business ethics. St. Luke’s Compliance Program promotes ethical behavior and guiding principles to help individuals adhere to these Applicable Standards. Our patients, employees, physicians, clinicians, vendors, business partners and others put their trust in us and expect that we are doing the right thing.
Nicole S. Huff
Nicole S. Huff, DHA, MBA, CHC
is the Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer
and has oversight of the Compliance Program.
The Compliance Program includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining organization support through a variety of compliance committees to assist the Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer in carrying out her/his duties and to assist with the development, implementation, and oversight of the Compliance Program;
- Establishing guidance and basic principles about ethical behavior through St. Luke’s Code of Conduct and policies and procedures;
- Providing education and training to raise awareness about Applicable Standards and ethical behavior;
- Assessing compliance and enterprise risks through auditing and monitoring as an effort to follow established Applicable Standards and develop a corrective action plan to mitigate these risks;
- Undertaking other efforts such as promoting standards to assure ethical practices in the clinical settings, and employing processes to assure security of St. Luke’s IT systems;
- Providing positive feedback and utilizing education to encourage people to comply with the Applicable Standards and applying appropriate disciplinary actions/measures for those circumstances where people fail to follow the Applicable Standards; and
- Encouraging St. Luke’s employees and others to openly communicate and/or report by email, compliance concerns and/or possible misconduct within the organization. St. Luke’s provides an external hotline phone number 1(855) 9 ETHICS (855-938-4427) or visit https://mysaintlukes.alertline.com. All good faith reports can be made without fear of retaliation. The hotline is available 24/7 and reports can be made anonymously and confidentially.
St. Luke’s provides an external hotline phone number 1(855) 9 ETHICS (855-938-4427) or visit https://mysaintlukes.alertline.com.