Developmental and behavioral pediatric specialists treat children with developmental and behavioral concerns that impact daily life. Our providers offer care close to home at the St. Luke’s Pediatric Specialty Center, giving your child quality and convenience. Because at St. Luke’s, we believe that children deserve the best.
The team has experience using strategies to evaluate and manage your child's developmental learning or behavioral challenges. Partnering with your child’s pediatrician and school, St. Luke’s developmental and behavioral pediatricians can treat the following–and more:
- Younger children with developmental delays including speech, cognitive, motor or social delays with concerns for autism
- Individuals diagnosed with autism requiring medical management
- Infants and children who are at higher risk for developmental delays due to prematurity, foster care or other health problems
- Developmental issues related to low tone, spasticity, cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome and other genetic differences associated with learning disabilities
- Complex ADHD and anxiety in children and adolescents
- Speech delay and language disorders (selective mutism, apraxia, central auditory processing disorders)
- School support for children with learning disabilities
You’ll access a robust set of services at Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Our expert developmental and behavioral pediatricians can evaluate your child in the following areas:
Our Lehigh Valley providers use the latest techniques to help your child succeed at home and in school. So we can address your child's needs without sacrificing the personalized experience found at a regional hospital.
At St. Luke’s, you and your family are members of your child’s care team. That’s why we make receiving care easy and accessible. Our comprehensive care model includes several key features:
We can coordinate resources for early intervention at your child’s school—setting them up for social and academic success.
We provide translators (as needed) to ensure clear and comfortable communication.
We offer developmental and behavioral pediatric services at our Pediatric Specialty Center.
Available provider support
MyChart–our electronic health record portal–provides access to your child’s care team to answer your questions or address non-emergent concerns, see test results, and more.