The Isaacman Family St. Luke’s Children’s ER is a 6-bed, dedicated children’s emergency room, at St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital in Bethlehem. Our kid-friendly space, designed with a welcoming “under the sea” theme, allows your child to avoid the added stress of an adult emergency room environment and reduces your child’s anxiety while being treated. In addition to our board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians and specialized pediatric ER nurses, our Child Life Specialist uses therapeutic play and education to help your child’s ER visit be less scary.
The Isaacman Family St. Luke’s Children’s ER provides streamlined care and admissions to our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and our Pediatric Inpatient Unit if needed. We also provide access to our more than 40 pediatric specialties, all right here at St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital in Bethlehem.
What makes the Children’s ER different from an adult ER?
- Dedicated, kid-friendly space designed for pediatric patients and their families
- Fellowship-trained, Network Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine Services
- Board-certified Pediatric Emergency Medicine physicians
- Specialized pediatric ER nurses
- Streamlined admissions for Pediatric Inpatient Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Pediatric pharmacists
- Pediatric respiratory therapists
- Child Life Specialists
- Pediatric specialty equipment
- Access to St. Luke’s robust team of more than 40 pediatric specialties