Clinical Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Program Coordinator
Program Clinical Coordinator Rotation Process for Clinical Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and Nurse Anesthetist, Students
Please read the below information which outlines St. Luke’s requirements to process a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant student. The Registration; Commitment to Privacy; IT Access form & Agreement; Student Volunteer Instructor Research Consent and Release form; Orientation Acknowledgement; and Record Verification forms are to be returned to the St. Luke’s University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus at least two (2) weeks prior to the student's intended start date to APRegistration@sluhn.org. Those students who have a criminal history are to also include the Criminal Background Investigation Report form and all original State/Federal issued criminal reports.
Rotation start dates will be delayed if materials are not received at least two weeks prior to the student's intended start date.
Please note that audits will be conducted to verify St. Luke’s standards are met. Educational contracts will be revoked if files are incomplete.
Please contact APRegistration@sluhn.org with any questions.
Steps To Be Completed
1. Guidelines for Processing Clinical Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Students(updated 1/27/2016)
- Please read the attached for an explanation on processing Physician Assistant students.
Students assigned to the Warren Campus will need to meet these additional requirements:
In addition to meeting the Network requirements, the State of New Jersey has additional requirements which include:
- NJ Department of Treasury (SDN)
- NJ Consolidated Debarment Report
- Those students with a significant likelihood of contact with children must also complete New Jersey State Police Criminal History Check. The required form is provided to the student by the Warren Campus hosting manager. To complete the form in the proper format, follow the instructions in the attachment.
- If a criminal history is reported on the FBI Fingerprint Report, Child Abuse Clearance or PA State Police Criminal Background Check, please print this form and have the student complete and mail, along with all original criminal history reports, to the St. Luke’s University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus.
3. Immunization History Form (updated 05/22/2014)
- This form outlines the St. Luke’s health history requirements which are to be kept on file at the school.
- It is important to note that all students are to have the most current, annual flu shot during flu season. Only religious or medical exemptions will be considered and should be submitted by completing the appropriate form (religious exemption form; medical exemption form) along with the other required documentation and verification form. School program directors will be notified if the exemption is approved. Exemptions not approved will require the student to either have the flu shot or their internship will not be approved.
- For those with questions regarding new flu requirement, please review this FAQ developed by our Employee Health Department.
- St. Luke’s requires a five-panel drug screen on all Physician Assistant students as explained in the attachment.
- If the school does not have a method of providing drug screening, drug screen services are available through St. Luke’s Occumed Resources located at St. Luke’s North. Please contact Donna Corsi at 484-526-3769 for further information or to set up an account.
5. Record Verification for Student Interns (updated 07/01/2014
- Please print the attachment and return to APRegistration@sluhn.org along with the remaining required forms to be returned, outlined in the attachment in Step 1.
Warren Campus Student Verification Form (updated 07/01/2014)
- Please print the attached form and provide to students who have had a positive TB test in the past. This form, along with a clear chest x-ray and/or BAMT (Blood Assay Mycobacterium Tuberculosis) test, should be kept with the student's medical file.
- Having the Hepatitis B series is strongly recommended for students completing an internship at St. Luke’s, but is not required. Should a student decline the vaccine, the attached form should be completed and kept on file with their medical history.
8. Please return the Registration, Commitment to Privacy form, IT Access Forms, Orientation Acknowledgement, Record Verification form and Student Volunteer Instructor Research Consent and Release form to:
- For students assigned to the Warren Campus and other New Jersey sites to:
St. Luke's Coventry Family Practice
755 Memorial Parkway, Suite 300
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- Incomplete materials will not be accepted, which may delay your student's start date.