Program Coordinator Rotation Process for Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and Nurse Anesthetist Students
Please read the below information which outlines St. Luke’s requirements to process a Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Nurse Anesthetist student. Advanced Practice Student Registration forms and copies of COVID Vaccine Cards are to be returned to APRegistration@sluhn.org at least four (4) weeks prior to the student's intended start date. Those students who have a criminal history are to also include the Criminal Background Investigation Report form and all original State/Federal issued criminal reports.
Rotation start dates will be delayed if materials are not received at least four weeks prior to the student's intended start date.
Please note that random audits will be conducted to verify St. Luke’s standards are met.
Please contact APRegistration@sluhn.org with any questions.
Steps To Be Completed
Please read the attached for an explanation on processing student interns.
2. Students with a criminal history report
- If a criminal history is reported on the FBI Fingerprint Report, Child Abuse Clearance or PA State Police Criminal Background Check, please print this form and have the student complete and mail, along with all original criminal history reports, to APRegistration@sluhn.org.
3. Health History and Screening requirements: St. Luke's health history requirements should be completed and kept on file at the school. Students are responsible for costs associated with additional immunizations or testing.
- It is important to note that all students are to have the most current, annual flu shot during flu season. Only religious or medical exemptions will be considered and should be submitted by completing the appropriate form (religious exemption form; medical exemption form) along with the other required documentation and verification form. Program clinical coordinators will be notified if the exemption is approved. Exemptions not approved will require the student to either have the flu shot or their internship will not be approved.
- For those with questions regarding new flu requirement, please review this FAQ developed by our Employee Health Department.
- All students are required to be FULLY vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions may be requested, similar to the universal flu vaccine policy.
- Please ensure proof of vaccination is submitted with submission of immunization history form
- St. Luke’s requires a five-panel drug screen on all Physician Assistant students as explained in the attachment.
- If the program requires a drug screen prior to beginning the clinical year and there has been no interruption in clinical training and the student is in good standing with the program, that previous drug screen will satisfy the requirements.
- If the school does not have a method of providing drug screening, drug screen services are available through St. Luke’s Occumed Resources located at St. Luke’s North. Please contact 610-739-9332 for further information or to set up an account.
- Please print the attached form and provide to students who have had a positive TB test in the past. This form, along with a clear chest x-ray and/or BAMT (Blood Assay Mycobacterium Tuberculosis) test, should be kept with the student's medical file.
- Having the Hepatitis B series is strongly recommended for students completing an internship at St. Luke’s, but is not required. Should a student decline the vaccine, the attached form should be completed and kept on file with their medical history.
4. Please return the Registration Form (including the school verification signature) to:
- Registration Form
- Incomplete materials will not be accepted, which may delay your student's start date.
5. Once your clinical rotation is confirmed and paperwork is received, you will receive an important e-mail communication on your student email. Please follow the instructions carefully. If all steps are not completed, your access to the computer & electronic health record will be delayed.
- Please reference the attached tip sheet in your email on how to sign-in and set-up your SLUHN email account.