Awards & Recognition
Community Health & Preventive Medicine strives to continue building partnerships and collaborations locally, regionally and nationally, while sharing successes related to our outcomes driven work at national, state and regional conferences, in additional to publications in peer reviewed journals.
In the News:
- Dr. Bonnie Coyle Discusses St. Luke’s University Hospital Network on LV Discourse
- Association of American Medical Colleges 2017 Snapshot
- Bike Bethlehem
- Eat Real Food Market
- Get Your Tail on the Trail
- Rural Health: Bridging Health Gaps
National, State and Regional Presentations:
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine, Tucson, AZ, October 2017
- Premier’s Annual Breakthrough Conference, June 2017
- Association of American Medical Colleges Quality Meeting, June 2017
- American College of Preventive Medicine, May 2017
- Pennsylvania Public Health Association and PA Office of Rural Health Annual Statewide Conference, 2016 & 2017
- American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, 2016 & 2017
- HRSA Rural Health Outreach Conference, St. Luke’s Miners Rural Health Outreach Poster Presentation, October 2016
- Ryan White Conference, August 2016
- Association for Community Health Improvement (ACHI) and the American Hospital Association (AHA), March 2016
- Whole Health Conference, PA DOH and the University of Pittsburgh, March 2016
- Penn State Pro Wellness State Advisory Council, March 2016
Related Awards & Recognition:
- National Rural Health Association: SLM Rural Health Centers 2018 Outstanding Rural Health Organization, March 2018
- Katchur, K., Reed, R. E., & Coyle, B. (2018). Hitting the Mark. Oncology Issues, 33(1), 36-41.
- Rural Health Hero of the Year Award, Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health, November 2017
- Pennsylvania Rural Health Magazine, St. Luke’s Miners Rural Health Program of the Year, Spring 2017
- Orlando J.P., et al. (2017). Impact of Flinders Chronic Condition Management Program on Rural Health Patients’ Outcomes. International Journal of Academic Medicine, 3(1).
- Reed, R. E., & Bodzin, A. M. (2016). Using Web GIS for Public Health Education. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, 11(14), 6314-6333.
- Hospital Association of Pennsylvania (HAP) 2016 Community Champion Award
- The Lehigh Valley Business Coalition on Healthcare (LVBCH) recognized St. Luke’s for its commitment to worksite health and wellness as evidenced through its employee weight management programs, May 2016
- St. Luke’s University Health Network 2016 Quality Poster Award for the Vision Shuttle Program. Poster displayed and shared at the HRSA Rural Health Outreach Conference, October 2016
- Pennsylvania Rural Health Magazine, Care Coordination Program for Lead Testing with the Local Head Start Organizations, Fall 2016
- Rural Program of the Year Award, Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health and the Pennsylvania Public Health Association, St. Luke’s Miners Campus Rural Health Centers including Community Health Programs, 2016