Thank you for joining our team of volunteers and contributing your time and talents to St. Luke’s University Health Network. You will find St. Luke’s to be a stellar organization with much to offer to our patients and community. Volunteers are considered to be a very important part of our health care team and are a valuable asset. While you are here, we are confident you will learn more about Healthcare to best prepare you for your future endeavors!
Please Complete the Following Steps Prior to Your Scheduled Orientation. All materials should be scanned/emailed to email@example.com prior to the due date.
Step 1 - Education and Orientation Materials
1 a. Volunteer Orientation Handbook
- Read the handbook
- Complete the post-test Answers to the post-test will be sent directly to Volunteer Services. A confirmation of submission email will be sent immediately.
1 b. Essentials Newsletter for Volunteers
- Read the newsletter and complete the post-test at the end of the newsletter
- Complete the post-test. Answers to the post-test will be sent directly to Volunteer Services. A confirmation of submission email will be sent immediately.
Step 2 - Please register and complete the criminal clearances if you are 18 years or older
- PA State Police Background Check – Register yourself with the PA State Police, select the “volunteer” option and payment will be waived. Forward the official certification form to us.
- Child Line Child Abuse Clearance – Register yourself, select the “volunteer” option and payment will be waived. Forward the official certification form to us.
- Out of state/non-continuous PA residents or those who have been specifically requested to complete FBI Fingerprinting: Click Here to register/pay for FBI Fingerprinting. Please provide a receipt of payment and original certificate (sent by the Department of Human Services).
** Fees for the FBI Fingerprint clearance will be reimbursed when volunteers reach the minimum hour requirement.
Click here for step by step instructions to complete the above clearances.
Warren Campus volunteers: Please click here to complete the New Jersey State Police Name Check
Step 3 - Complete these health history requirements and return to Volunteer Services
- TB Questionnaire
- COVID-19 Screening Form
- Health History Certificate (to be completed by your doctor or submit your immunization history)
- Report to Outpatient Testing with the lab script (provided at the interview or via email) for the TB Testing.
- Please note that the 2 step TB Skin Testing is not covered by St. Luke's as we instead provide the blood test. If you have had the 2 step TB Skin Test within the past 90 days, please provide documentation of both tests completed at least 7 days apart.
Step 4 - Volunteer Assignment Request
- Log into the Volunteer Portal, select the Assignment Request Form and complete. (form will be submitted automatically)
To log into the Volunteer Portal:
- Enter your email address as your log in
- Click Forgot password and select your name
- Check your email for your temporary password
- Log in using your email and temporary password. You will then need to change your password.
Step 5 - Complete the college student background consent, clearance and child protective services form
Your Service, Your Talents … Valued. Your Help … Needed.