Updated: November 22, 2020
If you have traveled recently, we ask that you quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania and postpone visiting patients in our St. Lukeʼs hospitals until your quarantine is complete. Exceptions may be granted in special circumstances.
With the health and safety of patients, staff and the community in mind during the latest COVID-19 surge, St. Luke’s University Health Network is implementing a temporary “No Visitation Policy” at its 12 hospitals.*
The policy will be re-evaluated on a monthly basis.
In our hospitals and inpatient facilities, no visitors are permitted except under these special circumstances:
- Visitation of a patient nearing the end of life
- Parent/guardian visitation of a child on the inpatient pediatric unit, pediatric ICU or neonatal ICU.
- One coach or partner per patient on labor and delivery unit
- One visitor to accompany patients for hospital discharge
- One visitor for patients undergoing same-day surgeries and procedures
- One visitor per patient in the Emergency Department
- One visitor per patient requiring support for intellectual or cognitive disability.
Visitors allowed by exception must be in good health and will be subject to a health screening.
No child under age 12 is permitted to visit in the hospital.
Patients who are not critically ill will be provided an iPad to stay connected with loved ones virtually.
St. Luke’s understands this policy might present difficulties for some patients, family members and friends, and we are sympathetic to those concerns. At the same time, we must be responsible to the communities we serve and do what’s best to protect everyone. We urge those who might be impacted to please cooperate with our physicians, nurses and staff as they help our organizations fight COVID-19.
A united effort following this common policy will allow us to return to the more normal lifestyle and activities we are all accustomed to as quickly as possible.
For St. Luke’s Hospice House visitation information please contact 484-526-7100.
Visit https://www.slhn.org/covid-19 for additional details and updates.
* Rules may vary at St. Luke’s Warren Campus to comply with New Jersey directives.