Star Community Health invites the public to support its annual holiday food and outdoor clothing accessories drive to stock the Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton Area School District pantries.
“Our local school districts have established pantries within the schools where students can discreetly take badly needed food and other items,” said Mark Roberts, Star Community Health’s Chief Executive Officer. “This holiday season, as you’re purchasing gifts for your loved ones and food for festive get-togethers, we encourage you to pick up extra items to help local school students stay warm and fed this winter.”
Because some recipients have limited access to refrigeration and ovens, food items should be nonperishable and able to be heated in a microwave oven. Besides food and accessories, such as hats, gloves, scarves and socks, donations of diapers are requested. Coats and clothing will not be accepted.
Donors may drop off items at any of the following Star Community Health locations:
- Sigal Center, 450 W Chew Street, Allentown
- Bethlehem Family Medicine, 2830 Easton Ave., Bethlehem
- Women’s Health Bethlehem, 800 Eaton Ave., Bethlehem
- Internal Medicine, KidsCare or Dental, Second Floor, 511 E. 3rd St., Bethlehem (Fowler Center)
- Easton KidsCare and Women’s Health, 220 Ferry St., Easton
- Easton Dental 100 N 3rd Street Easton PA 2nd Floor (Santander Bank Building)