Obstetrical Nurse Internship
Caring for growing families is an amazing opportunity available at several campuses in the St. Luke’s University Network. St Luke’s offers a full-time, nursing internship program to RNs new to the obstetrics setting, which includes experienced RNs as well as new graduate RNs. The internship program is a blended education that supports clinical orientation. It includes classroom setting learning, guest speakers, hands-on skills labs, and simulation scenarios. While learning the many patient care areas involved in OB nursing, the interns feel supported with mentors, coordinators, and selected preceptors. Our program is designed to provide an evidence-based foundation for new OB nurses, helping them to feel confident and competent in obstetrical clinical care.
We aren’t accepting applications at this time.
Why Choose Us
- Program Outcomes
- St. Luke’s has been facilitating it’s OB internship program since 2019, with incredible feedback. The existing nursing staff, physicians and administrators have observed an overall increase in confidence and competence among new nurses.
- 98% of all RNs hired through the internship program have remained with the department and are thriving. 100% of RNs who have completed the program, remain with the department, caring for mothers and babies every day.
- AWHONN (Association of Women’s Health in Obstetrics and Neonatal Nursing) online modules serves as a framework for the program providing, 67 CEUs.
- Simulation newborn manikin- life-like, used in neonatal resuscitation simulations
- Professional Advancement
- Obstetrical Nursing Fellowship Program- (coming soon 2021). Opportunities to grow as a preceptor, mentor, course instructor, clinical coordinator, nursing educator, patient care manager, etc.
- Work-Life Balance
- Career Paths
Clinical Educators & Leadership
Hayley Taylor, BSN RN