If you or a family member have been diagnosed with a heart condition, it is essential to know about all treatment options before making any important decisions. St. Luke’s cardiovascular physicians understand that learning you need heart surgery can be frightening and stressful.
Having a strong understanding of your treatment options allows you to make an informed decision that can make a lasting difference. St. Luke’s team is committed to helping you make the most informed choice about your diagnosis or recommended treatment.
A second opinion is an important resource for patients and is covered by most insurances. Second opinions can help answer your questions, clarify your options and possibly prevent unnecessary surgery. It can offer you peace of mind by confirming your original diagnosis and treatment plan, and possibly by providing more treatment options.
At St. Luke’s, all our patients have their RIGHTS... the right to get the right procedure for the right reason in order to get the right outcome.
St. Luke's Heart & Vascular Center has earned many achievements, honors and awards:
- Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital
- Achieved the highest rating for quality of cardiac surgery from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Operates the first accredited Chest Pain Center in the Lehigh Valley region at the St. Luke's Hospital – Bethlehem Campus.
- Has the lowest mortality index in the region for heart disease and heart surgery patients.
- Was selected as one of the first institutions in the country to offer both transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and MitraClip percutaneous mitral valve repair due to their exceptional outcomes and multidisciplinary team approach.