St. Luke’s Allentown Campus
1736 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18104
You never know where you’ll be when an emergency happens. It’s something most people don’t even want to think about.
But know this, there’s a St. Luke’s Emergency Room always nearby... always ready for you – close to home or wherever you are when you need us most.
Here’s what choosing St. Luke’s Allentown Campus means to you:
- An experienced, compassionate team of health care providers + access to state-of-the-art technology and equipment = the best care possible for YOU.
- Easy Access – located minutes away from the major highways in our region.
- Treatment for both minor and major injuries and illnesses, as well as, exceptional, award-winning stroke and heart attack care.
By choosing any one of our St. Luke’s Emergency Rooms, you can rest-assured that you will always receive the highest level of care for yourself and your loved ones. As a network, we are able to easily share information and expertise between our hospitals and our physician practices to provide you with the best emergency care possible.
Don’t wait – let others know St. Luke’s is your choice...when it matters most!
Highest Level of Care Close to Home
The Emergency Room (ER) at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus has board-certified doctors and trained emergency room nurses who are ready to help with serious medical conditions. Emergency room nurses at St. Luke's Allentown Campus follow up every visit with a phone call to patients the day after they are treated.
Expanded to Meet Your Needs
The Emergency Room (ER) at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus is equipped to handle 60,000 patient visits annually, from major injuries such as heart attack and strokes to more minor injuries. A comfortable, spacious waiting room area features flat-screen TVs and an area for children. The security office is adjacent to the waiting room. The new East Entrance main lobby, located next to the Emergency Room, offers a coffee kiosk and a new Gift Shop for the convenience of patients and visitors.
Additional features of the Emergency Room (ER) at St. Luke's Allentown Campus include:
- Convenient parking at the East Entrance, at the corner of 17th and Hamilton Streets, near the Emergency Room entrance.
- Rapid assessment in four new triage bays
- 19 new exam and treatment rooms. Seven of the rooms are dedicated as full-time Fast Track rooms for minor illnesses and injuries.
- Dedicated Fast Track open seven-days-a-week from 10 am to 10 pm. The goal at Fast Track is to have patients seen and discharged in 90 minutes or less.
- All-new digital X-ray systems located within the Emergency Room to further expedite care and treatment. Emergency radiology services are available round-the-clock.
- 64-slice CT scanner located in the Emergency Room. This innovative technology provides rapid, precise imaging to diagnose disease and life-threatening illnesses, including cardiovascular disease and stroke, while improving emergency wait times. St. Luke&rsqou;s Hospital-Allentown Campus is a certified stroke center.
Patients who require immediate intervention for cardiac emergencies receive care in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories that are equipped with state-of-the-art technology from GE Healthcare. Open heart surgery is also performed at St. Luke’s Allentown Campus.
St. Luke’s also has a 15-bed Intensive Care Unit with advanced monitoring equipment and staffed by critical care nurses is available for patients with more serious health concerns.
Wondering if you should go directly to the Emergency Room? Call your doctors office? Or should you go to walk-in care or try a video visit? Finding the right care at the right place at the right time is easy! Watch this video to find out more!