Ways to Give
We want to make it easy for your to support the vital work of St. Luke’s hospitals. Gifts can take on many forms. Check out the options listed below to see if one of them is right for you.
You can rest assured that your gift, no matter what the size, will help us make a difference in the lives of our patients, their families and the communities we serve every day.
Make a gift online now using our secure site. Or, call the Development Office toll free at 866-468-6251 if you would rather provide your credit card over the telephone. Visa, MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
To give my check, make your check payable to St. Luke’s University Hospital and mail it to:
St. Luke’s Development Office
801 Ostrum St.
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Please enclose a note with your check with instructions regarding your gift designation.
St. Luke’s hosts many campus-specific special events, many of which support a particular program or project. Special events – from galas to golf tournaments to 5Ks – are a great way to support a cause while socializing with friends and family. Check out the following events to see if one (or two, or three) sounds like something you might like to attend. Or, if you are creative and up for the challenge, you can organize your own grassroots fund-raising even to benefit a program or project at St. Luke’s.
- St. Luke’s Half Marathon & 5K
- St. Luke’s Allentown Dinner by Starlight
- Auxiliary of St. Luke’s Charity Ball
- Boutique at the Rink
- Auxiliary of St. Luke’s Classic on the Green
- Night of Heroes Trauma Event
- St. Luke’s Blue Ribbon 5K Run & Walk
Gnaden Huetten Campus
- Slip, Slide Sold & Charity Auction at Blue Mountain Ski Resort
- St. Luke’s Hospice Charity Bike Ride
- St. Luke’s Hospice Luminaria
- St. Luke’s Miners Black Diamond Garden Party
- St. Luke’s Monroe Corks & Forks
- St. Luke’s Blue Mountain Five & Dime Road Race, Walk & Kids Fun Run
- St. Luke’s Quakertown Evening with the Artist
Sacred Heart Campus
- St. Luke’s 9-hole Golf Tournament and Casino Night
- St. Luke’s Warren Golf Outing
- St. Luke’s T.G.I.F. @ Flynn’s
View detailed information about these and other events in our Events Calendar for additional information on our events.
Please contact our Development Department at 484-526-2640 for information on how you can support one of these events or plan your own fund-raiser for St. Luke’s.
A named endowment may be created and designated to a specific program with a gift or pledge of $10,000 or more. When your endowment is fully funded, only a percentage of the interest earned on the fund will be spent each year, leaving the principal to remain intact in perpetuity.
Please call 484-526-3067 to connect with someone in our Development Office to learn how you can create a permanent legacy through a named endowment.
There are many benefits to donating long term appreciated stock which has been held for more than 12 months.
- You can claim a charitable deduction for the fair market value of long-term appreciated stock (up to 30 percent of your adjusted gross income).
- You avoid capital gains that you would otherwise pay if you sold the stock.
- You can make a larger gift than if you sold the securities and donated the net proceeds.
- It may help to lower federal income tax for the current tax year.
One of the easiest ways you can leave a legacy benefiting the health and well-being of your community is through a will bequest naming St. Luke’s as a beneficiary.
Please use the Contact Us form to let us know if you have already included St. Luke’s University Health Network in your estate plan.
Another way to support St. Luke’s, while preserving income for yourself, is through a life-income gift. Some of the options you might consider include:
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Deferred Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts
Some examples of other gifts you can make that cost you nothing during your lifetime or that preserve your assets include:
- Gifts of Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance Gifts
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Gifts of Retained Life Estate
- Charitable Bargain Sale