St. Luke’s Updates Hospital Visitor Policy, Limiting Visitation to Only Vaccinated Individuals
St. Luke’s University Health Network has updated its hospital visitor policy in response to a dramatic, ongoing surge in Covid-19 cases, including a portion of which that have been identified as the highly transmissible Omicron variant.
Under St. Luke’s updated visitor policy, the Network will allow for up to two vaccinated visitors per patient at all of its hospital locations.
The decision to restrict visitors to only individuals who are vaccinated is out of concern and for the protection of our most vulnerable population as well as our health care staff whose ability to work at this time is critical.
Below is the updated vaccination policy:
- All visitors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Visiting hours are from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm for up to 2 visitors, aged 12 and older.
- Masks are to be worn (covering your nose and mouth) and social distancing maintained for the duration of the visit.
- Eating/drinking by visitors should be limited to cafeterias, as available. Visitors may not eat/drink while in patient rooms or in waiting areas as this requires mask removal and increases risk of infection.
- Visitors must be in good health and may be subject to a health screening.
- Visitation for COVID-19 positive patients is prohibited except for those nearing end of life.
- For patients with cognitive or intellectual disabilities one support person may remain with the patient.
- Visitors are NOT permitted in our infusion centers or radiation therapy areas.
END OF LIFE
- Visitation can occur at any time, but it is preferred if the following times are avoided: 6:45 am - 7:15 am and 6:45 pm - 7:15 pm.
- Visitors may not congregate in common or waiting room areas while waiting to visit.
SAME DAY SURGERIES, PROCEDURES AND EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
- One visitor per patient.
* SPECIALTY SPECIFIC GUIDELINES AVAILABLE AT PATIENT INFORMATION DESKS OR ON PATIENT CARE UNITS. Policies/guidelines may also vary at St. Luke’s Warren Campus to comply with New Jersey directives.
Visit https://www.slhn.org/covid-19 for additional details and updates.