Adult Day Center
The St. Luke’s Adult Day Services Center offers a warm, friendly atmosphere and the opportunity for seniors to develop friendships while participating in activities they enjoy. Seniors can participate in crafts, games, sing-a-longs and therapeutic activities structured to enhance their quality of life. Their families can take comfort in and enjoy the much-needed respite they deserve.Our experienced staff includes registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and certified nurse aides (CNAs). Daily nursing supervision allows for the monitoring of clients’ medical conditions so you can be assured that your family member will be safe and well cared for.
Who Needs St. Luke’s Adult Day Services?
- Seniors who are dependent on others due to mental and physical disabilities
- Seniors who can no longer be left alone or cannot care for themselves alone
- Seniors who have been recently discharged from the hospital and need rehabilitation therapy
- Seniors who need the stimulation of socializing with others
- Younger adults with post-stroke, Alzheimer’s Disease or other medical conditions
St. Luke’s Adult Day Services Center provides:
- Nursing supervision and care including medication administration, health monitoring, responding to medical emergencies.
- Assistance with personal needs such as walking, eating, toileting and personal hygiene.
- Nutritional needs and snacks including special diets for those who require them.
- Activities based on the client’s particular abilities, including daily exercise, crafts, games, puzzles, pet therapy, cooking and baking, dancing, bingo, music, sing-a-longs, “theme weeks” and field trips.
- Special programs focusing on senior topics of interest.
- Caregiver support by providing advice on other available community services, caregiver support groups, monthly newsletters and emotional support for clients and families adapting to our program.
Because St. Luke’s Adult Day Services is part of the St. Luke’s University Health Network, other services can be provided under a physician’s order such as podiatry and laboratory testing.
Transportation to the centers is available in the four-county area (Lehigh, Carbon, Monroe and Northampton.) Call for more information about available transportation.
Transportation to St. Luke’s Adult Day Services is available in the four county area (Lehigh, Carbon, Monroe and Northampton). Call for more information about available transportation.
Hours and Enrollment:
Adult Day Services is open Monday through Friday 6:30 am. to 5:30 p.m. No referral is necessary. You may choose the particular days you wish to attend. Seniors or their family members who have questions about enrollment may contact Adult Day Services at 610-379-4880.
In case of inclement weather, you may tune into Channel 7 (WBRE) TV or Channel 13 (WBRC) TV for closure notice. You may also call the center and listen to our recorded message which will announce our closing schedule.
Funding for Services
Check with your insurance carrier to see if your plan covers Adult Day Services. There are some long-term care insurance policies that cover these types of services.
St. Luke’s Adult Day Services Center is located at 525 Iron Street Lehighton PA 18235