St. Luke’s Employee Community Garden - Rules
Information for 2023 Season
The following rules will apply to all employee gardeners for the 2023 Season:
- No pesticides
- Gardeners to request assistance as needed from other gardeners/committee members
- Plants and flowers, not shrubs and trees
- Do not shade other plots. Center tall items in plots
- If unattended for more than two weeks, possible forfeiture of plot. Gardeners to ask other gardeners to watch over plot, if needed
- Corridor BR for use. Ensure clean shoes/other shoes
- Water, watering cans, compost, supplied by hospital
- Hand tools only. Shed will have tools. Honor system
- Gardening Hours: dawn to dusk
- Security contact number to be provided
- Contact list to be distributed
- Lawn chair/picnic okay. No alcohol
- Gardeners encouraged with keeping their plot into next year. Inform committee member if switching.
- Cleanup day, mandatory for gardeners/associates
We require a Signed Garden Agreement with a $25.00 annual membership contribution due at signing.
Gardeners are selected on a first come first served basis. Once your contract is signed, and received along with your membership dues, you will be assigned your plot for the year.
For 2023 contract please click here. Please print the agreement, sign it and inter-office it to Jennifer Singer with the membership money. For any questions regarding the contract please contact Jennifer Singer at 484-503-0202.
All payments should be made by check and made out to the Anderson Campus.
If you are interested in retaining your gardening plot from last season, please contact Jennifer Singer at Jennifer.Singer@sluhn.org
* All rules are subject to change based on our growing needs.