St. Luke’s Care Network has a common set of quality goals; supports physicians in evidence-based clinical care; and distributes incentive payments based on quality, efficiency and service.
St. Luke’s Care Network achieves results by:
- Improving health through prevention and chronic disease management.
- Using evidence-based care protocols across the care continuum.
- Measuring improvement against clinical protocols.
- Engaging patients and their families through active, participatory care management.
St. Luke’s Care Network includes a broad base of providers to care for patients across the ambulatory, acute and post-acute continuum.
St. Luke’s Care Network creates value and is positioned to be the provider of choice for health care services.
St. Luke’s Care Network enhances care by:
- Aligning clinical guidelines with evidence-based standards.
- Utilizing claims and medical record data to evaluate opportunities to improve health.
- Identifying "high-risk" patients requiring a higher degree of care coordination, including those currently at risk and those likely to be at risk in the future.
- Increasing patient education and engagement to better manage chronic disease and enhance patient wellness.
St. Luke’s Care Network is a network of private and St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) - employed primary care and specialty care practitioners.
Practices in St. Luke’s Care Network receive support for payor credentialing, facilitation of interdependence across providers and value-based contracts that may include pay-for-performance, shared savings and global payments.
Care management within St. Luke’s Care Network augments the care coordination in physician practices, from prevention through palliative care. Some examples include: closure of care gaps, chronic disease management and reduction of readmissions.
Performance management of quality and efficiency achieves the best success within value-based contracts. St. Luke’s Care Network identifies opportunities builds protocols, and measures for effectiveness.
Data analytics and reporting reaches across and supports all of the above functions of St. Luke’s Care Network. For private physicians, St. Luke’s Care Network is an opportunity to participate in new reimbursement models while remaining independent practitioners.