This would be a great change from the traditional green bean casserole!
*Vinegar, with its tart flavor, can also be used as a palette-appeasing salt substitute.
- 6 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, oregano, dijon mustard, and pepper, and set aside for flavors to meld.
- Fill a medium pot with water, and set to boil on high.
- Have a medium-sized bowl of ice water ready.
- Add green beans to boiling water, and cook for 3–5 minutes.
- Drain green beans, and immediately submerge them in the ice bath.
- Drain green beans, and combine with red pepper and tomatoes, and toss with dressing to coat.
- Top with crumbled gorgonzola cheese to garnish.