Nationally Recognized for Excellent Quality Care
St. Luke's University Health Network is a regional network of hospitals, physicians and other related organizations providing care primarily in Lehigh, Northampton, Monroe, Carbon, Schuylkill, Bucks, Montgomery and Berks counties in Pennsylvania and Warren County in New Jersey.
Learn more about the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Focus at St. Luke’s.
The Network provides services at more than 150 sites. St. Luke's University Health Network is comprised of six hospital sites. The Network includes:
Key Network indicators include:
- 57,500+ annual admissions
- 195,000 annual emergency room visits
- 1,325 physicians on the Medical Staff (96 percent board-certified)
- 8,900 employees
- More than 1,350 volunteers
St. Luke's is the region's second largest employer.
St. Luke's University Hospital, the Network's flagship, is a non-profit, tertiary-care, teaching hospital with campuses in Bethlehem and Allentown in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. The hospital offers 82 medical specialties. Areas of exceptional medical expertise include:
- Level 1 Adult Trauma Center: fully accredited by Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation; 2,400+ annual trauma cases; St. Luke's 1.75 percent mortality rate represents top decile performance, significantly better than peer group as measured by National Trauma Data Bank of the American College of Surgeons; aeromedical transport services
- Oncology: first and only cancer program in Pennsylvania to receive American College of Surgeons' highest quality recognition for three consecutive years; only Pennsylvania program to receive award in 2010; region's only fellowship-trained surgical oncologists; advanced programs for melanoma (internationally recognized melanoma investigator), lung, breast, prostate, gynecologic and gastrointestinal cancers and tumors of the brain and spine
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery: multiple-year recipient of highest rating for cardiac bypass surgery, represents top decile performance achieved by only 10 percent of U.S. hospitals (Society for Thoracic Surgery); region's first Joint Commission certified Heart Failure Program; comprehensive surgical services excluding heart transplants
- Neuroscience: accredited Stroke Center; additional Centers of Excellence include: Balance Center, Headache Center, Memory Disorders Center, Multiple Sclerosis Center, Sleep Disorders Center
- Orthopaedics: advanced expertise in total joint replacement and reconstruction, computer-assisted minimally invasive surgery, primary and reconstructive surgery of the spine, sports injuries, diseases and conditions of the hand and elbow, traumatic injuries
- Women's/Children's Health: high-risk pregnancy; the region’s busiest obstetrical service; two neonatal intensive care units; pediatric specialty care provided by St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
- Robotic/Minimally Invasive Surgery: one of the nation's most experienced robotic surgical teams
- Radiology: designated international General Electric Healthcare Show Site for imaging technology; designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology
- Bariatric Surgery: designated Center of Excellence by American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and Surgical Review Corporation
Learn more about St. Luke’s specialties.
St. Luke’s Nationally Recognized Year-After-Year
- Received four HAP Achievement Awards (2010), most ever by one organization in a single year
- Repeatedly named one of America's Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report for open heart surgery, digestive disorders and ear, nose and throat disorders
- Only hospital in region ever named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals; St. Luke's honored twice
- Most experienced robotic surgery team in Pennsylvania
- Repeatedly earned highest overall open-heart surgery quality rating from Society of Thoracic Surgeons, represents top decile performance (mortality, length of stay, complications and evidence-based care); only 10 percent of U.S. hospitals achieve this distinction
- Fully accredited: Adult Level I Trauma Center, Stroke Center (Allentown/ Bethlehem); Cardiac MRI
- St. Luke's Allentown/Bethlehem received Joint Commission's Disease Specific Care Certification for Heart Failure and Stroke; only hospital in Lehigh Valley certified for heart failure and one of two certified for stroke (October 2009)
- Designated Center of Excellence by American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and Surgical Review Corporation
- Cancer Center repeatedly awarded Outstanding Achievement Award, highest award given by American College of Surgeons.
- 10th consecutive year as region's busiest OB program (Allentown/Bethlehem)
For more information about any services, feel free to contact InfoLink by phone at 866-STLUKES or by e-mail at InfoLink@slhn.org.