St. Luke’s Weight Loss Surgery Program – Top Ten Things to Know
- Zero mortalities.
- We have no program fee; dietary evaluation and behavioral health evaluations are also free.*
- Average length-of-stay for bariatric surgery is approximately1.5 days; lower than the national average. Complication and readmission rates continue to be well below the national average.
- Our surgeons were first in the area to offer the single-incision sleeve gastrectomy.
- Our surgeons are dedicated full-time to bariatric surgery.
- Our surgeons are fellowship-trained in bariatric surgery.
- Our surgeons are fellowship-trained in robotic surgery.
- St. Luke’s bariatric surgery team also includes registered dieticians, dedicated social workers and RN’s.
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program, St. Luke’s Allentown Campus and St. Luke’s Monroe Campus.
- Named a Blue Cross Blue Shield Center of Distinction for Bariatric Surgery.
- Named a Center of Excellence through Optimum Health (United Health Care), Health America Health Assurance and Cigna and Institute of Quality for bariatrics by Aetna.
*Some insurances may require a psyche evaluation by a licensed psychologist.