Effective Tuesday, May 26th
St. Lukeʼs University Health Network will begin elective surgeries and resume certain other related procedures at its New Jersey hospital and facilities on Tuesday May 26th. Our hospitals are safe, and we are ready for you. The “stay at home” measures put in place to stop the spread of the coronavirus have proven effective in our community. St. Lukeʼs Infectious Disease experts as well as the NJ Department of Health, have determined that elective surgeries and associated diagnostic and imaging studies may proceed with certain safeguards.
Some important things to know:
- We have not experienced a surge of COVID patients like what was seen in NYC / Northern NJ
- If your surgery requires an inpatient stay, you will be on a surgical floor with no known COVID patients
- The nurses and staff taking care of you will not be taking care of COVID patients at the same time
- All staff will be masked at all times in the hospital for your protection
- All patients undergoing surgery will be COVID tested, pre-procedure, helping to ensure a COVID free environment
- We are continuing to enforce our limited visitor policy
Our surgeons are looking forward to resuming an expanded array of elective procedures. Our priority is and will always be the safety of our patients.