Dear Residents, Families, and Friends:
We want to inform you that we have identified 98 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among residents and staff at The Summit Skilling Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
The safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. To reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, we continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). We are staying in close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking the appropriate steps under the current circumstances, including:
- Enhanced infection control precautions, requiring all staff to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times, increasing the availability of hand sanitizer, and more frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces. Residents may also be moved within the facility to prevent the spread of the virus causing COVID-19.
- Conducting routine screening of residents and staff for COVID-19 symptoms, as well as anyone else who must enter our facility. Only staff who must enter the building are permitted entry.
- Restricting visitation except for end of life circumstances
- Routine testing of staff and residents for COVID-19 based on CMS and CDC protocols
- Providing cloth face coverings for residents, if tolerated and following CDC guidance:
- Postponing group activities and dining to allow residents to practice social distancing.
We encourage you to review the CDC website for information about COVID-19, including its symptoms, how it spreads, and actions you can take to protect your health: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
All of us at The Summit understand that this is a serious situation and might be frightening. Additional information about coping with stress can be found on the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/managing-stress-anxiety.html.
We will continue to provide regular updates about the situation on our website at www.sluhn.org/COVIDTheSummit. Please feel free to contact us at 610-377-7154 with any question or concerns.
Diana Franco, NHA, MSN