St. Luke’s All-Star Awards Night 2020
As the region’s largest provider of Sports Medicine, St. Luke’s University Health Network is celebrating the region’s top student athletes, sports teams and coaches. A sports medicine provider/team will also be recognized for excellence. We call this extraordinary group our St. Luke’s All-Stars.
ABOUT THE SHOW
WATCH IT LIVE ON WFMZ-TV CHANNEL 69 Wednesday, May 6! St. Luke’s All-Star Awards Night 2020 will be hosted by WFMZ’s Sports Director Dan Moscaritolo and Sports Anchor Jim Vaughn of The Big Ticket.
St. Luke’s All-Star awards will be presented in person by David Akers, 6-time NFL Pro-Bowler and Philadelphia Eagles Hall-of-Famer.
Nominate the region’s top student athletes, sports teams and coaches! Winners will be announced live May 6, 2020 on WFMZ-TV Channel 69!
FREE TICKETS TO THE SHOW! See your All-Stars walk the red carpet at Zoellner Arts Center in Bethlehem. To reserve your FREE general admission tickets, click here . You may also call 610-758-2787 (7LU-ARTS), ext. 0 or stop by the Ticket Services window, located on the first floor of Zoellner. Limit four tickets per guest. The top-nominated student athletes, teams, coaches and health care providers will have reserved seating.
- Pre-program activities and photos, 6:30 PM
- Attendees must be in their seats by 7:30 PM for the awards program
- Program airs live on WFMZ from 8 to 9 PM
What to wear: The evening’s dress code is business or neat casual, dressy attire or sports team jerseys. Graphic tees or ripped jeans are not permitted.
WHO CAN NOMINATE
Nominations are being accepted now through April 1, 2020 and may be submitted by Athletic Directors, School Administrators/Teachers, Coaches, Sports Officials, Club Managers/Administrators, Sports Performance Specialists and health care providers, including physicians, athletic trainers and physical therapists.
The top nominations in each category will be announced by mid-April 2020. The final winners in each category will be announced live during the St. Luke’s All-Star Awards Night program.
HOW TO NOMINATE
Individual athletes must have attended grades 9-12 during the 2019-20 school year and attended a high school located within the following counties: Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Hunterdon (NJ), Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Pike, Schuylkill, Sussex (NJ), Warren (NJ). Coaches must have coached a club sport or high school sport within the same counties during the time-frame of June 2019-May 2020. Athletic and academic achievement, community stewardship and character will be considered in each individual student athlete nomination.
All-Star Athlete Award (Female)
- An individual award for the top-performing female high school athlete in this category.
All-Star Athlete Award (Male)
- An individual award for the top-performing male high school athlete in this category.
All-Star Team Award (Female)
- All women’s high-school team sports will be considered in this category.
All-Star Team Award (Male)
- All men’s high-school team sports will be considered in this category.
Club Sports Award (Individual)
- Top-performing male or female student athlete in grades 9-12 who is involved in non-high school or community-based sports program.
Club Sports Team Award (Male or Female)
- A top-performing non-high school or community-based club sports team, with athletes in grades 9-12.
Difference Maker Award
- A male or female high school or club athlete who has achieved excellence in sports and whose extracurricular activities or community outreach efforts have made a difference in the lives of others.
Against All Odds Award
- Top-performing male or female high school or club athlete who has overcome a physical limitation or disability or a personal struggle.
Coach of the Year
- A coach of high school or student club sports (grades 9-12) who demonstrates leadership both on and off the field and who motivates and inspires his/her student athletes to reach their fullest potential.
Sports Medicine Provider/Team of the Year
- A health care provider and/or team (that may include physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers or sports performance specialists) who have demonstrated a commitment to professional excellence and has made a difference in the field of Sports Medicine and in the lives of student athletes.