Bethlehem, PA (1/27/2016) – Seeing a primary care doctor in the
St. Luke’s University Health Network has never been easier with the introduction of the network’s online “Make an Appointment” tool.
St. Luke’s Make an Appointment online scheduling service allows patients of more than 40 select Pennsylvania- and New Jersey-based primary care and five pediatric practices to log on from home or a mobile device – anytime of the day or night -- to schedule an appointment with a St. Luke’s provider. Evening, weekend and same-day appointments are available.
“This service helps making and keeping an appointment easier than ever before,” said Michael Abgott, MD, VP, Chief of Primary Care, St. Luke’s University Health Network. “With this online approach to making an appointment, patients can expect to be scheduled quickly and to be seen promptly. Patients may manage their appointments using any computer or mobile device and may register to receive text messages or email appointment reminders.”
With online appointments and electronic reminders, patients have been better able to optimize their visit with their doctors, said Dr. Abgott. And parents can easily schedule appointments with primary care pediatricians located in Allentown, Bath, Coopersburg, Bethlehem, Palmerton and Wind Gap.
The online service was launched in November 2015 as a pilot project and has earned accolades from patients and parents who have taken advantage of this service, said Dr. Abgott.
The following practices are currently included in the initiative:
- Brodheadsville Family Practice
- Bub and Associates Family Medical Center (Emmaus)
- Bushkill Family Practice (Wind Gap)
- Coopersburg Center Valley Family Practice
- Daniel J. Stauffer Family Practice (Quakertown)
- Lehighton Medical Associates
- McGorry & Matta Family Medicine (Allentown)
- Medical Associates of Bethlehem
- Nazareth Family Practice
- North Whitehall Family Practice (Orefield)
- Palisades Family Practice
- Pennsburg Family Practice (Ottsville)
- Saucon Valley Family Practice (Hellertown)
- South Bethlehem Family Practice
- South Mountain Family Practice (Fountain Hill)
- Tamaqua Family Practice
- Valley Family Practice (Allentown)
- Warren Hills Family Practice-NJ
- William Penn Family Practice Center (Bethlehem)
- St. Luke's Albrightsville Internal Medicine
- St. Luke's Bethlehem Internal Medicine
- St. Luke's Emaus Avenue Family Practice (Allentown)
- St. Luke's Family Medicine-Coaldale
- St. Luke's Family Medicine-Nazareth
- St. Luke's Family Practice-Palmer (Easton)
- St. Luke's Family Practice-Walnutport
- St. Luke's Family Practice-Wind Gap
- St. Luke's Ringtown Family Practice
- St. Luke's Internal Medicine-Allentown
- St. Luke's Internal Medicine-Bartonsville
- St. Luke's Internal Medicine-Bath
- St. Luke's Internal Medicine Hamilton Court (Allentown)
- St. Luke's Riverside Internal Medicine (Easton/Bethlehem Township)
- St. Luke's Stroudsburg Internal Medicine
- St. Luke's Primary Care-Nesquehoning
- St. Luke's Kaleidoscope Medical Associates (Phillipsburg, NJ)
- St. Luke's Macungie Medical Group
- St. Luke's Medical Associates of Monroe County (East Stroudsburg, Brodheadsville)
- St. Luke's Monroe Family Practice (Stroudsburg)
- St. Luke's North Hunterdon Physicians-NJ
- St. Luke's Walbert Avenue Medical Center (Allentown)
- St. Luke's Warren Palmer Family Practice (Easton)
- St. Luke's Northern Valley Primary Care (Bethlehem, Northampton, Wind Gap)
Primary Care Pediatrics
- ABW St. Luke’s Pediatrics (Bath, Bethlehem, Wind Gap)
- St. Luke’s Allentown Pediatrics
- St. Luke’s Coopersburg Pediatrics
- St. Luke’s Palmerton Pediatrics
- St. Luke’s Pocono Pediatric Associates
To use the service, patients should first visit www.findadoctor.sluhn.org and search for participating providers or visit the specific practice webpage, then click on the Make an Appointment icon. Select a provider, appointment date and time, complete a form for some basic information – and the appointment is made.
“Make an Appointment is very consumer-driven,” concluded Dr. Abgott. “The service allows patients – anytime of the day or night - to choose a convenient appointment and schedule it online.”
Make an Appointment online scheduling and St. Luke’s Care Anywhere telemedicine service are among services St. Luke’s offers to provide more convenient access to health care. For more information about St. Luke’s Care Anywhere, visit www.slhn.org/careanywhere to create an account or download the app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play by searching for St. Luke’s Care Anywhere.
About St. Luke’s University Health NetworkSt. Luke’s University Health Network is a nonprofit, regional, fully integrated, nationally recognized network providing services at six hospitals and more than 215 sites in Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Bucks, Montgomery, Berks and Monroe counties in Pennsylvania and also in Warren County, New Jersey.
For more information, please visit: www.sluhn.org.
Denise E. Rader
Director, Network Media Relations
St. Luke's University Health Network
For more information about St. Luke’s services or to find a physician, call St. Luke’s InfoLink toll-free at 1-866-STLUKES (785-8537) Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm or email us anytime at Info.Link@sluhn.org.