Who Doesn’t Love Some Cheesecake At The Holidays?!
November 15, 2019
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
*You can substitute the whole wheat flour with coconut or almond flour to reduce the carbohydrate level in this dessert.
- 6 whole graham crackers
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 6 oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz. plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar substitute
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- pinch of salt
- 1 heaping tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line an 8" × 8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until finely ground.
- Drizzle in melted butter, and pulse again until crumbs are moist and stick together when pressed with your fingers.
- Pour crumbs into pan, and firmly press them into an even layer.
- Bake the crust for 6–7 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and turn temperature down to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set the crust aside to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in greek yogurt, sugar substitute, and pinch of salt, and beat again until smooth.
- Add in the egg and egg white, and beat until smooth.
- Add in lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla, and beat until smooth.
- Add in flour and beat until smooth.
- Pour filling on top of the cooled graham cracker crust, then place on middle rack of oven for 25–30 minutes until cheesecake is set but center is still a little jiggly.
- Allow bars to cool completely before refrigerating for 3 hours before slicing and serving.