For Those Steak Lovers Who Are Looking For A Tasty Change!
November 14, 2019
Spinach and Cheese–Stuffed Flank Steak
*There is no added salt to this recipe. Spinach is a superfood full of antioxidants that are beneficial for your heart.
- 2 lbs.1 flank steak (2 lbs)
- 1 package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- cotton twine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice flank steak in half, holding knife parallel to work surface, starting at long side, without cutting all the way through.
- Open steak like a book and lay flat and season with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic and pepper on both sides.
- Squeeze all liquid from the spinach, and combine with cheese, peppers, bread crumbs, egg yolk, and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic and pepper in medium- sized bowl.
- Press the filling onto steak, leaving a 1- inch border on all sides.
- Roll the steak starting from the short side, and rub outside with oil.
- Tie steak with cotton twine in intervals to secure.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes, then increase heat to broil, and cook for an additional 10 minutes, turning once.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes before cutting twine and slicing to serve.