Salary and Benefits
The cardiology fellow is paid commensurate with the salary of a PGY-4 resident at St. Luke’s University Health Network.
Current Salary Structure
Post Graduate Year Current Salary PGY-4 $69,390 PGY-5 $72,182 PGY-6 $75,379
Note: Salaries effective July 1, 2020. Salaries correspond to the number of years in the resident’s chosen program.
- Choice of health care plans for residents and their dependents
- Dental insurance for the resident and his/her dependents
- Life insurance equal to the yearly salary
- Long-term disability insurance*
- Option to purchase short-term disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance
*Coverage effective 6 months from date of hire.
Paid Time Off
- 4 weeks paid time off
- 3 weeks vacation
- 1 week sick/personal
- Sick time will accrue at a rate of one day per month
- Book allowance - $550 per year
- Payment of licensing and examination fees required for advancement in the program
Conference and Travel Allowance
- Funding up to $2,000 for a conference with the approval of the Program Director and the Chief Academic Officer
- One additional conference yearly with a $1,500 stipend when a resident at any level of training has a paper accepted for presentation at a meeting
- iPad mini for Epic use
- Prescription plan for the resident and dependents
- Free meals on-call
- Two free lab coats
- Employee assistance program
- Child development center provides day care for hospital employees' children at competitive rates (adjacent to St. Luke’s Hospital – Bethlehem Campus)
- Credit union membership
- Membership in the St. Luke’s Health & Fitness Center
- Tax sheltered annuities - option to establish payroll deductions for pre-tax contributions
- Flexible spending accounts – option to establish pre-tax deduction to pay for non-reimbursed medical expenses and/or dependent (child or elder) care
- Resident Well-Being: Various resident appreciation events and items including breakfasts, clothing items, get-togethers, and wellness activities.