- Find a Doctor
- St. Luke's
Find a Practice/LocationView All
- Find a Doctor
Easy Process for Referring Patients to
Patient Access Center
St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem , PA 18015
St. Luke's University Health Network has established the St. Luke's Patient Access Center to facilitate the process of referring patients to St. Luke's for treatment. The Patient Access Center serves as a central point of access to facilitate the placement of new patient admissions, intra-hospital and inter-hospital transfers at both Bethlehem and Allentown campus. The Patient Access Center provides 24-hour coverage seven-days-a-week with specially trained registered nurses and bed coordinators.
The goals of the St. Luke's Patient Access Center are to:
- Provide a single point of contact to coordinate the transfer of a patient to St. Luke's for diagnostic or interventional services.
- Connect physicians and patients with the most appropriate St. Luke's specialist.
- Confirm that appropriate insurance approvals and authorizations are arranged.
- When applicable, coordinate the appropriate means of transportation, including ground ambulances and aeromedical support.
- Facilitate the follow-up and return of patients to the primary sending physician. This service is available to all patients and for any condition from simple to complex
- Facilitate a ready bed for all admissions
- Provide easy access for ED referrals
The intent of the Patient Access Center is to streamline patient throughput and increase customer service for our patients and providers.