Updated: August 05, 2020
We comply with New Jersey Department of Health’s COVID -19 recommended travel advisory. If you have traveled internationally or to one the following states, we ask that you quarantine for 14 days upon return to New Jersey and postpone visiting patients in our St. Luke’s hospitals until your quarantine is complete. Exceptions may be granted in special circumstances.
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Must wear a mask (fabric or surgical), be in good health and participate in a health screening.
- If a health screening determines symptoms of an illness are present (example: temperature, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) the visitor will not be allowed to stay.
- If a surgical mask is provided it should be reused for the patient’s entire stay.
- Visitor movement within the hospital is discouraged.
- Visiting hours available until 7 pm.
- Visitors must check-in with hospital greeter.
- One visitor per patient is permitted for patients not being treated or evaluated for COVID-19.
- Visitors are NOT permitted for COVID-19 patients except for those nearing end of life.
- Visitors must wash their hands prior to entering the patient’s room.
- Visitors will be provided with, and must wear, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if the patient is on isolation of any type.
- Visitors who refuse to wear a mask or other required PPE will be asked to leave the facility.
- Children under 18 are not permitted to visit in the hospital.
- Two parents/guardians/caretakers at a time will be permitted on Pediatrics.
- Parents/guardian/caretaker must restrict flow within the hospital to travel to/from unit only.
- Once daily visitation for as long as desired is encouraged, with exceptions for leaving the unit as reasonable.
Emergency Room and Urgent Care
- One visitor per patient is permitted. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow minor children to accompany a parent if no other options are available. Minor children must be in good health.
Outpatient Surgical Patients
- One visitor per patient is permitted.
- Visitor will be provided direction as to where s/he is able to wait in the hospital.
- Drivers of same day surgery patients are encouraged to drop off patient and provide their cell phone number to our staff so that we may contact them when the patient is ready for discharge.
Outpatient Appointments/Office Visits (excludes Infusion, Radiation Therapy, and Maternal Fetal Medicine)
- One visitor per patient is permitted. Visitors may wait in the designated waiting area. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow minor children to accompany a parent if no other options are available. Minor children must be in good health.
- Drivers are encouraged to drop off patient and provide their cell phone number to our staff so that we may contact them when the office visit is over.
- Visitors are NOT permitted.
- Drivers are encouraged to drop off patient and provide their cell phone number to our staff so that we may contact them when the patient’s treatment is completed.
Visitors (exceptions) may be allowed for special circumstances such as language barriers.
Note – Certain hospitals and offices may have slightly modified policies as warranted.