Terms and Conditions
Your access and use of this web site or any page contained herein, including all web pages with a URL beginning with mystlukes.org, mystlukes.net, mystlukesonline.org, mystlukesonline.com, mystlukesonline.net, slhhn.org, slhhn.com, slhn.org, stlukeshospitalbethlehemcampus.org, stlukeshospitalallentowncampus.org, stlukesquakertownhospital.org, stlukesminersmemorialhospital.org, stlukesphysiciangroup.org or stlukesresidenteducation.org is subject to the following Terms & Conditions. Accordingly, you should read these Terms & Conditions carefully before accessing this web site. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, promptly exit this web site. Otherwise, your continued use of this web site indicates your agreement and acceptance to these Terms & Conditions.
For purposes of these Terms & Conditions, references to “St. Luke's” include St. Luke’s Health Network, Inc. and each subsidiary and affiliate of St. Luke’s Health Network, Inc.
St. Luke's offers this web site for informational and educational purposes only. The information provided shall not be construed as the provision or practice of medical, nursing or health care diagnosis, advice or services. You should not consider this information to be complete or to be a substitute for a call, visit, consultation or advice from your physician or other health care providers. If you have specific health-related questions, if you have a health problem, or if you think you may have a health problem, please contact your physician or other health care provider. You should not depend or rely on the information presented on this site.
Many of the health care providers referenced in this site, including but not limited to many of the physicians who have privileges, practice medicine, and/or treat patients at various hospitals included in the St. Luke's network, ARE NOT THE EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS of St. Luke's, but rather are private physicians and/or independent practitioners. St. Luke's is not holding out these health care providers or physicians as employees or agents of its network hospitals. You must exercise your own judgment when purchasing any product or selecting a physician through any site or service linked to this web site.
While St. Luke's frequently updates the contents of this web site, medical information changes rapidly and therefore, some information may be out of date, and/or contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. In addition, while St. Luke's has endeavored to make sure the information contained in this web site is accurate, St. Luke's cannot guarantee the accuracy of such information, and it is provided without warranty or guarantee of any kind.
You agree not to use this web site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms & Conditions. We reserve the right to deny access to any part of this web site at our sole discretion. You are personally responsible for the material that you send to St. Luke's through this web site or for any information you forward from this web site.
Use of Collected Information
We respect the right to privacy of all visitors to our web site. While using our website, we collect the personal information that you may volunteer in order to access our services or engage in certain website activities. We do not automatically collect your personal e-mail address or any other data.
If we partner with a third party to provide services and you sign up for those services, we will share your name and other contact information necessary for our partner to provide the services to you.
You agree that, should you elect to supply it, St. Luke’s may use your name, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, or other data to communicate with you as described below.
- By providing your email address, you opt-in to the receipt of email communications from St. Luke’s for or related to medical goods or services, your account, and other services such as financial, clinical and educational information, changes to health care law, health care coverage, care follow up, and other healthcare opportunities or services. With this consent, you specifically waive any claim you may have for the sending of such emails, including any claim under federal or state law and specifically any claim under the CAN-SPAM Act. By providing an email address, you represent you are the subscriber or owner or have the authority to use and provide consent to contact the email address.
You may revoke your consent to contact at any time by contacting St. Luke’s directly or by utilizing the opt–out method identified in the particular communication.
The Limited Ways We Use Your Information
We do not sell or license your information. These are the limited ways we interact with your information in connection with our mobile apps:
- When you choose to add a profile photo to our mobile apps, you may select an existing photo on your device or take a new photo using the camera app on your device. If you select an existing photo on your device, we store a copy of your chosen photo in app-private storage on your device. If you use the camera app on your device to take a new photo, the photo you take is first saved to your camera app and then also saved to app-private storage on your device. If you remove the photo from your profile or delete our mobile apps, the copy of the photo is deleted from the app-private storage, but the photo saved to your camera app remains available in your camera app until you choose to delete it. If you already have a photo stored in your profile – we do not interact with that photo in any way.
- When you choose to use Apple’s HealthKit, we create encrypted identifiers to identify recipients of your Apple’s HealthKit data and store them on your device in app-private storage. If you choose to stop using Apple HealthKit or delete our mobile apps, the identifiers are deleted.
- When you choose to view documents (such as letters or images) using our mobile apps, to make the files viewable for you we temporarily store copies on your device in app-private storage. The temporary copies are deleted when you close your session on our mobile apps.
- If you elect to use and enable automatic appointment arrival, we temporarily store identifiers and times for your upcoming appointments in app-private storage to detect when you arrive for an upcoming appointment. If you choose to stop using our mobile apps or you disable automatic appointment arrival, the identifiers are deleted.
- If you use location-based check in for in-person appointments, or find healthcare providers near you, you may choose to allow our mobile apps to interact with your location data for those purposes. We do not store your location data.
- While you use our apps, we collect non-identifying information so we can provide customer service to you and understand how people use our mobile apps so we can improve our products. This information includes the time you began using the app, any error messages or codes, the model of device used and its operating system, and the version of our mobile app used. If you use Android devices, we also collect your connection type (cellular or WiFi) during an error.
- You may contact us through the methods listed on Our Website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of the communication. You can decide how much information you want to share with us in those cases.
For Android Users – Required Google Play Disclosures for Certain Health Apps
Google has determined our mobile apps are subject to their COVID-19 apps requirements. As a result, we are required to provide the following information so we can make our mobile apps available to you in the Play store.
- Our mobile apps interact with your microphone only if you choose to use your microphone during a Virtual Visit. Our mobile apps interact with your camera roll only if you choose to add a profile photo to a profile in our mobile apps. This information is not used in connection with COVID-19.
- Our mobile apps access, collect, use, and share your information as stated above in the section titled, “The Limited Ways We Use Your Information.”
- Our mobile apps were not created specifically for the COVID-19 pandemic. They existed before the COVID-19 pandemic to allow you to access your health information on file. We allow you to access COVID-19-related vaccination information, laboratory test results, and documents with illness-related information using our mobile apps. You may choose if or how you want to access, display, or use the information – just like you can make those decisions about health information relating to other conditions, services, tests, or vaccinations.
- We allow you to use our mobile apps to conduct telehealth appointments with your healthcare providers. Our mobile apps only provide the technical support for those appointments to happen. We do not interact with any health information about you exchanged during any telehealth appointments.
- Our mobile apps interact with Bluetooth only if you choose to use it during a Virtual Visit.
- Our mobile apps interact with your calendar only if you choose to add upcoming appointments to your calendar.
St Luke’s University Health Network SMS Terms of Service
- To enhance your St. Luke’s experience, we will send you SMS messages (also known as text messages). SLUHN Notifications will send messages regarding referrals and more timely appointment options available via the waitlist. SLUHN Appts will send appointment reminders.
- You can opt-out of SMS communication related to your healthcare at any time. Just text "STOP" to stop from that number. After you send the SMS message "STOP", we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from that number. If you want to opt back in and keep receiving reminders for your appointment or referral, you can text “START” to resubscribe.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP" for help. After you send the SMS message "HELP”, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Major carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile.
- Minor carriers: Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cincinnati Bell Wireless, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- ***Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages***
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency will vary. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For additional questions regarding SMS messages, please email email@example.com
Modification of Terms & Conditions
St. Luke's may modify these Terms & Conditions at any time, and such modification shall be effective immediately after posting of the modified Terms & Conditions to the web site. You agree to review these Terms & Conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued access or use of the St. Luke's web site after the modifications have become effective shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions.
Copyrights and Trademarks
All material contained on this web site, and the files associated with it, are copyrighted by St. Luke's and/or its affiliates or subsidiaries or the original creator of the material. It is protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America and under treaties with other nations.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos ("Trademarks") displayed and used in this web site are the property of their respective owners. Nothing in this web site should be construed as granting any right or license to use any Trademark without the written permission of its owner.
Unless specifically stated, no material on this web site is in the public domain. Any reproduction, redistribution, public display or transmittal of this material is prohibited without the express written consent of St. Luke's.
Please be aware that most information transmitted over the Internet is not secure; thus confidentiality cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, e-mail and correspondence on this web site are not secure.
The St. Luke's web site contains links to web sites operated by other parties. The links are provided for your convenience only. St. Luke's is not responsible for the content and performance of these sites or for your transactions with them. Our inclusion of links to such web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators and does not in any manner create a relationship that is a basis for jurisdictional venue purposes.
You may not establish a link to this web site without the prior written consent of a Vice President of St. Luke's.
Advertising and Publicity
You shall not use the name or logo of St. Luke's in any form of publicity or promotional or advertising material, or in any communications with the media, without the prior written consent of St. Luke's to the specific contemplated use. St. Luke's does not endorse, recommend or approve the commercial products and services displayed on this web site.
The Information on this Site is Provided "As Is"
YOU ACKNOLWEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THE SITE AND ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. ST. LUKE'S AND OUR SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. ST. LUKE'S ALSO DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY AS YOU ACCESS OR BROWSE THIS SITE OR DOWNLOAD INFORMATION FROM IT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless St. Luke's, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms & Conditions or any activity related to your account (including infringement of third parties' worldwide intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person at your direction accessing the web site.
Limitations on Liability
You agree that neither St. Luke's, nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers shall have any liability to you under any theory of liability or indemnity in connection with your use of the St. Luke's web site. You hereby release and forever waive any and all claims you may have against St. Luke's, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers or suppliers (including but not limited to claims based upon the negligence of St. Luke's, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers) for losses or damages you sustain in connection with your use of the web site. All direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from any use of the information or other parts of the web site are hereby excluded even if St. Luke's, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Physicians or other healthcare providers who provide information on or through the web site shall not be held responsible for providing such information under any theory of liability or indemnity. The physicians or other healthcare providers who respond to inquiries prompted by this web site provide information solely intended to educate and inform users. Responses do not create a patient-physician relationship or any similar relationship between the answering physician or healthcare provider and the individual submitting the request.
Neither St. Luke's, nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers or employees, nor any third party vendor will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this site, or resulting from the act or omission of any other party involved in making this site or the data contained therein available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to or your inability to access the site or these materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of St. Luke’s or of any vendor providing software or services support.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall St. Luke's be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of data, or any other pecuniary loss) arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of this web site, with the delay or inability to use this web site, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, services and related graphics contained on or made available through this web site and the provision of or failure to provide the service, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, the above limitation may not apply to you.
This service is not targeted to users in a particular locality, nor is it intended to constitute the doing of business in any jurisdiction, nor to be a solicitation of business anywhere on behalf of St. Luke's, nor shall it constitute any contacts with any jurisdiction outside of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The agreement formed pursuant to these Terms & Conditions is entered into and performed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America, and is governed by and shall be construed in all respects under the laws of the Commonwealth Pennsylvania, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under these Terms & Conditions or related to the web site, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the Court of Common Pleas of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, or if such court does not have subject-matter jurisdiction, then each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the United States Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and whichever of those two courts has jurisdiction, each party waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such court.
These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to its subject matter. It may not be modified except as described elsewhere in these Terms & Conditions. Anything in the web site inconsistent with or conflicting with these Terms & Conditions is superseded by these Terms & Conditions.
If any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction not to be enforceable, then such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms & Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY USING THIS SITE.