Maher El Chaar M.D.
Surgery - General
Weight Loss (Bariatric) Surgery
Maher El Chaar, MD, FACS, FASMBS, serves as the co-Medical Director of the Bariatric Surgery Program at St. Luke's University Health Network. Dr. El Chaar offers single incision surgery, a state-of-the-art technique that enhances cosmetic results for patients who will qualify for the procedure.
He is distinguished by the following achievements:
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence surgeon
- Board certified by the American Board of Surgery
- Dr. El Chaar and Dr. Leonardo Claros have a combined experience of over 1,000 bariatric cases including adjustable gastric bandings, gastric bypasses, sleeve gastrectomies and more than 1,500 laparoscopic surgeries.
- Conducted research in bariatric surgery and presented on bariatric surgery at the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons (ASMBS)
- Resident Achievement Award, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Laparoscopic Achievement Award, Carolinas Medical Center
- Resident of the Year in 2008 and 2009, St. Luke's University Health Network
St. Luke's Bariatric & General Surgery
Allentown240 Cetronia Road
Suite 205 North
Allentown, PA 18104
Education & Training
American University of Beirut
Drexel Univ. College of Medicine
2003 - 2004
St. Luke's Hospital - Bethlehem Campus
2004 - 2009
Carolinas Medical Center
2009 - 2010