Survivors Day Safari Attracts More than 1000
More than 1,000 People Attending
St. Luke's Survivors Day Safari May 15
Bethlehem, PA (5/12/2010) - The Lehigh Valley Zoo in Schnecksville, PA will be open exclusively for registered cancer survivors and their family as they celebrate National Cancer Survivors Day. More than 900 registrants are attending this year together with nearly 100 members of St. Luke's hospital family, including cancer specialists, oncology nurses and cancer support staff, who are volunteering at the event.
Guests are coming from throughout the region including the Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, Schuylkill and Warren counties.
Registered guests will receive a meal deal voucher the Zoo's Café and a paddle boat ride voucher. Guests can also enjoy animal presentations, a guided zoo tour, strolling magic, a Magic and Illusion show, and face painting and goat feeding for the kids. St. Luke's HealthStar Van will also be on site offering first aid and blood pressure checks.
Important Event Information
- Contact information day of event: page 610-508-0507
- Date and time: Saturday, May 15, 2010, from 4 to 8 pm
- Location: The Lehigh Valley Zoo, located at 5150 Game Preserve Road in Schnecksville, PA.
- Directions: Please be advised, PennDOT has closed its covered bridge on Game Preserve Road until further notice. Please use this alternate route:
- From Routes 22 and I-78, follow Route 309 North for approximately 8-9 miles. You will PASS Game Preserve Road and the entrance sign for the Lehigh Valley Zoo, and instead follow PennDOT alternate bus route signs. Turn left onto Mill Creek Road and follow it to the end where it forms a “T” with Game Preserve Road. Make a left onto Game Preserve Road.
- The main vehicle entrance to the Zoo is less than a mile ahead on your right. Once you have entered the main vehicle gates, follow the one-way road to the Lehigh Valley Zoo parking area and entrance.
- For up-to-date route information before your visit, please check “New Route to the Zoo” on The Lehigh Valley Zoo web site at lvzoo.org