National Penn Nursing Endowment Education Fund
National Penn Nursing Education Endowment Fund Established for St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital
(left to right) Leslie Spurlin, RN; Jill Bohrer, RN, BSN, CEN; Linda Young, RN, MS, MSEd, VP Patient Services; Ed Nawrocki, President; Blair Rush, National Penn Eastern Region President; Deborah Jenkins, RN, BSN; Gail E. Eister, National Penn Senior Vice President & Retail Banking Director of the Eastern Region
Quakertown, PA (December 16, 2008) – National Penn Bancshares, Inc. recently announced the establishment of The National Penn Nursing Education Endowment Fund for St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital. The endowment fund, established with a $10,000 gift from National Penn will go to support continuing educational and professional development needs of the nursing staff at St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital. This includes, but is not limited to, attendance to conferences and seminars, as well as the purchase of educational resources that can be used to enhance patient care.
For over 130 years, National Penn has recognized its responsibility as a corporate citizen and is proud of its long-standing tradition of community involvement. Blair Rush, National Penn Eastern Region President said, “National Penn is privileged to serve the local community with two National Penn Bank Community Offices and understands that we are called to be more than a financial services company, we are called to be a community partner. Today we proudly align ourselves with St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital, one of Quakertown's key service providers.”
St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital is a 62-bed hospital that provides patients with access to more than 275 physicians across 40 specialties. St. Luke's Quakertown is part of the St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network, a nationally recognized, regional, integrated network of non-profit hospitals, physicians and other health-related organizations providing care primarily in Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Bucks, Montgomery, Berks and Monroe counties. St. Luke's strives to provide compassionate, excellent quality and cost-effective health care to the residents of the communities it serve.
St. Luke’s has been nationally recognized twice as one of the nation's best hospitals. One of the reasons St. Luke's has received this recognition is due to their ability to attract and keep top-notch doctors and nurses.
“We are so pleased that National Penn has established The National Penn Nursing Education Endowment Fund for St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital. It will help our nurses develop professionally and enhance their education. I can't express how important it is to have our nurses be the best they can be. The National Penn Nursing Education Endowment Fund will not only allow us to continue delivering top notch health services to our patients, it will also help us retain quality nurses”, said Ed Nawrocki, President of St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital.
About National Penn Bancshares, Inc.
- National Penn Bancshares, Inc., with $9.3 billion in assets, is the fifth largest bank holding company based in Pennsylvania.
- Headquartered in Boyertown, National Penn operates 127 offices: 124 offices in Pennsylvania and one office in Maryland through National Penn Bank and its FirstService Bank, HomeTowne Heritage Bank, KNBT, and Nittany Bank divisions, and two offices in Delaware through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Christiana Bank & Trust Company.
- National Penn's financial services affiliates consist of National Penn Investors Trust Company; National Penn Capital Advisors, Inc.; Vantage Investment Advisors, LLC; National Penn Leasing Company; National Penn Insurance Agency, Inc.; Caruso Benefits Group, Inc.; and Higgins Insurance Associates, Inc.
- National Penn Bancshares, Inc. common stock is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol “NPBC”. Please visit our Web site at nationalpennbancshares.com to see our regularly posted information that is material about the company.
About St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital
- St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital is a non-profit, acute-care community hospital devoted to providing our neighbors with exceptional quality medicine, convenient access to care and outstanding service. We strive to make every patient experience as comfortable and convenient as possible by anticipating your needs, listening carefully and above all, respecting your feelings.
- Located in Upper Bucks County, St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital is part of the nationally recognized St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network. Being part of this nationally recognized network enables us to offer a deeper breadth of specialty services provided by renowned physicians and the most advanced technology in the region.
- Through an exclusive partnership with GE Healthcare and with millions invested, we offer world class radiology equipment, bringing the most advanced imaging technology to the Upper Bucks community.
- Hundreds of dedicated employees and volunteers, and more than 230 physicians representing over 40 specialties provide care to more than 76,000 people annually at St. Luke's Quakertown Hospital.
- Most outpatient appointments are accommodated within 24-48 hours of making an appointment with results returned, in most cases, within the same timeframe. To make an appointment, call 215-538-4575.