Health and Fitness Center-New Location
St. Luke's Health & Fitness Center Moves
New Space Offers Brand-New Fitness Equipment, Certified Trainers Help Every Member Achieve Results as Part of Membership
Bethlehem, PA. (12/8/2008) - In 15,000 square feet, St. Luke's Health & Fitness Center has created a facility that caters to many levels of fitness. What is unique about the Center is that the facility is staffed by exercise physiologists and certified fitness trainers and instructors who help every member in designing personal programs as part of their membership fee.
As Mike Conway, M.Ed., Director of St. Luke's Health & Fitness Center, explains, "The staff at St. Luke's Health & Fitness Center are lifestyle wellness coaches, free of charge, to each and every member of the Health and Fitness Center. We will design an individualized program that reflects your fitness needs. The professionals at St. Luke's Health & Fitness Center will help you to achieve your goals through the St. Luke's continuum of care. From athletes to seniors and post-rehab clients, our program focuses on results through systematic guidance from the staff."
Some of the services at the Center include:
- general fitness
- sports conditioning
- weight management
- senior fitness
- group fitness classes
- post rehab fitness
"Our sports conditioning programs can help everyone from student to recreational athletes to maximize their athletic potential and reduce injury risk. This is accomplished under the supervision of our specialty staff utilizing nationally recognized benchmark systems," noted Conway.
Some of the brand new equipment and features to develop optimal fitness at the new Center include the following:
- MedX® strength development training system- the first and only total body MedX® circuit in the Lehigh Valley
- Cybex® strength development circuit
- Hammer® strength equipment
- Free weights
- Group Fitness Classes that include step and low impact aerobics, cardio box, pilates, yoga and Tai Chi
- Group Cycling Classes are anchored with 21 Le Mond ® Cycles
- A 30-yard Dieter® indoor synthetic turf training area. This is the same turf used in the Indoor Professional Lacrosse League and in major universities' sports training facilities
- Group Fitness Studio with a panoramic view and shock-absorbing Sport Court® flooring.
Some of the premier cardiovascular equipment at the center includes:
- Elliptical Trainers
- Stationary Cycles
- Precor®Adaptive Motion Trainers (combination of stepper/elliptical and treadmill)
- Concept Two® Rowers
- Expresso Bikes® - Mapped to the Internet with over 30 virtual rides from the California coast to Peruvian mountains
"More important than the equipment and facility is the staff at St. Luke's Health & Fitness Center,” Conway explains. “Possessing degrees in Health and Exercise Science, the professional staff has extensive experience in hospital-based and corporate fitness and wellness programs, as well as sports conditioning programs spanning professional, collegiate, high school, youth and recreational athletes.”
"Part of what we do," said Conway, "is to help people become healthier every day, no matter what their starting level of fitness is. We are teachers who can help members improve their overall health. We take pride in working with each and every individual to achieve results."
The new St. Luke's Health & Fitness Center is located at 77 South Commerce Way, Third Floor, Bethlehem.
Hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday from 5:30 am -10 pm
- Friday from 5:30 am - 9 pm
- Saturday from 7 am - 4 pm
- Sunday from 9 am - 4 pm
- Monday - Thursday from 8:45 am - noon
- Friday from 8:45 - 11:30 am.
Please call the St. Luke's Health and Fitness Center at 610-954-3177 for membership information. Corporate memberships also are available.