Applications are accepted online. Each applicant that completes the online application will receive program information and pre-entrance testing requirements via email. The surgical technology program is going green and it is important that each applicant have a valid email address to receive important program communications.
When filing an application for admission, each candidate pays a fee of $20 to defray the cost of processing the application.
After completion of the entire application process a personal conference and shadowing day will be scheduled with the Admissions Committee. The conference will be held for the purpose of:
- Reviewing the St. Luke's Health Network Surgical Technology Program with the applicant.
- Reviewing the applicant's experience and transcripts.
- Answer any questions the applicant may have.
- Identifying character traits that may promote success and satisfaction in the area of Surgical Technology.
The completed application (application, high school and/or college transcript and references) will be referred to the Admissions Committee and the applicant will be informed of the decision as soon as possible following the committee meeting.
- Upon acceptance, a letter of notification will be sent to the applicant. The prospective student will be instructed to submit a registration fee of $100.00. The registration fee is not refundable. The $100.00 registration fee is due within one month of acceptance and will be applicable to tuition costs.
- Upon rejection, a letter of notification will be sent to the applicant.
Prior to entrance and after receipt of the registration fee, the following forms and information are sent for completion:
- Pre-entrance physical examination form
- Immunization form
- PA State Police Criminal Record Check
- Federal Criminal Record Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- BLS/CPR certification
- Proof of health insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Online hospital orientation
- Other instructions as necessary