Moravian College RN-BS Program
St. Luke's School of Nursing at Moravian College
RN-BS Program Highlights
The St. Luke's Hospital School of Nursing at Moravian College and the Moravian College Comenius Center have formed a unique partnership in education, and are proud to launch a revised RN baccalaureate degree completion program. The goal of this partnership is to deliver the highest quality baccalaureate nursing education to Registered Nurses (RNs) in a flexible format. RNs enrolled in this program may attend classes and fulfill curricular requirements without sacrificing their important work-life and personal commitments. Special features of this program include the following:
- All required courses are designed so that they are relevant to the learning needs of adult students. General education requirements are the same as those for other Comenius Center adult students. Nursing courses are specially designed to complement prior coursework and relevant work experience.
- Prospective RN students may enroll in general education courses as baccalaureate-degree candidates prior to matriculating in the nursing program. This means that qualified students may begin to start taking courses at their earliest convenience.
- Students may choose from a variety of courses that fulfill their general education requirements through Comenius Center course offerings.
- Students may enroll in any Comenius Center courses and RN nursing courses during dates and times that fit their personal schedules, so long as they meet the course prerequisite requirements.
- There are no clinical clock-hour requirements. Rather, students are assigned project hours to complete under the direction of a preceptor in select nursing courses. These projects provide meaningful, career-enhancing opportunities for students.
- Due to St. Luke's University Health Network subsidizing this program, eligible network employees pay only 30% of tuition fees. Tuition payments may be conveniently deducted from payroll deductions.
- All students may transfer-in a minimum of six nursing course units towards their degree requirements. Most students will transfer-in several natural science and social science course units as well. Students may transfer up to 16 course units completed at two-year institutions.
- Select students who have made significant progress towards their degree requirements from coursework completed in other programs may only need to take eight courses at Moravian College to fulfill their degree requirements. Six of these courses must be nursing courses.
- St. Luke's School of Nursing diploma graduates may transfer up to 14.75 course units from the courses completed during that program of study.
Please contact Dawn Goodolf to find out more information about this unique opportunity.
Dawn Goodolf MSN, RN
RN to BS Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com