ALS BLS Provider Course
PHTLS ALS/BLS Provider Course
Take advantage of this
and Register Today!
Contact Nicole Lohrman,
Trauma Education Specialist
at 484-526-2214 or
PHTLS Site Coordinator
PHTLS is recognized around the world as the leading continuing education program for pre-hospital emergency trauma care. The mission of PHTLS is to promote excellence in trauma patient management by all providers involved in the delivery of pre-hospital care through global education.
The program is based on a pre-hospital trauma care philosophy, stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs. PHTLS promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care.
The PHTLS course is continuously updated and revised to keep up with the advances in the field, ATLS Guidelines and feedback from PHTLS participants.
Dates and Times
- April 24 & 25, 2014: 8am - 4pm
- September 2 & 3, 2014: 8am - 4pm
St. Luke's University Hospital-Bethlehem Campus
Priscilla Payne Hurd Education Center-Lecture Hall 1
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
Students who take PHTLS will learn to:
- Describe the physiology and kinematics of injury.
- Understand the need for rapid assessment of the trauma patient.
- Transport patients to the appropriate medical facility depending on their injuries.
- Advance their level of knowledge in regard to examination and diagnostic skills.
- Enhance their performance in the assessment and treatment of the trauma patient.
- Advance their level of competence in regard to specific pre-hospital trauma intervention skills.
- Provide an overview and establish a management method for the pre-hospital care of the multisystem trauma patient.
Student skills are tested at the end of the course through a written test and hands-on scenario evaluations.
All participants must be a certified paramedic, EMT, First Responder or Registered Nurse
Course Medical Director
Peter Thomas, DO
Kelly Donatelli, BSN, RN, PHRN
Cost and Registration
The registration fee is $120 (includes book and meals and is payable by credit card or check).
PHTLS textbooks will be distributed approximately 1 month prior to the course. Payment must be received in order to receive book. If paying by check, payment is due no later than 2 weeks prior to the course.
Cancellation must be received in writing two weeks prior to course. Course tuition minus the cost of materials and $25 administration fee will be refunded to the participant. No refunds will be issued for student cancellations that are received less than two weeks prior to the course.
Register for the April 24 and 25, 2014 Session
Register for the September 2 and 3, 2014 Session
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Nicole Lohrman, MSN, RN, CCRN, Trauma Education Specialist (484-526-2214, Nicole.Lohrman@sluhn.org), or
- Kelly Donatelli, RN BSN, PHRN, PHTLS Site Coordinator at (610-780-7294, Kelly.Donatelli@sluhn.org).