ALS BLS Provider Course
PHTLS ALS/BLS Provider Course
Take advantage of this
and Register Today!
Contact Nicole Lohrman,
Trauma Education Specialist
at 484-526-2214 or
PHTLS Site Coordinator
PHTLS is recognized around the world as the leading continuing education program for pre-hospital emergency trauma care. The mission of PHTLS is to promote excellence in trauma patient management by all providers involved in the delivery of pre-hospital care through global education.
The program is based on a pre-hospital trauma care philosophy, stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs. PHTLS promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care.
Dates and Time
Thursday, May 2 and Friday, May 3, 2013
8 am to 4 pm
Students who take PHTLS will learn to:
- Describe the physiology and kinematics of injury.
- Understand the need for rapid assessment of the trauma patient.
- Transport patients to the appropriate medical facility depending on their injuries.
- Advance their level of knowledge in regard to examination and diagnostic skills.
- Enhance their performance in the assessment and treatment of the trauma patient.
- Advance their level of competence in regard to specific pre-hospital trauma intervention skills.
- Provide an overview and establish a management method for the pre-hospital care of the multisystem trauma patient.
Student skills are tested at the end of the course through a written test and hands-on scenario evaluations.
- All participants must be a certified paramedic, EMT, First Responder or Registered Nurse
Course Medical Director
- Kelly Donatelli, BSN, RN, PHRN
- St. Luke's University Hospital-Bethlehem Campus
Priscilla Payne Hurd Education Center-Lecture Hall 1
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
- $120 (includes book and meals)
- Nicole Lohrman, MSN, RN, CCRN, Trauma Education Specialist at 484-526-2214, or
- Kelly Donatelli, RN, BSN, PHRN, PHTLS Site Coordinator at 610-780-7294