Keystone Surgical Associates
Keystone Surgical Associates
1941 Hamilton Street
Allentown, PA 18104
Maps & Directions
Call for office hours and an appointment.
Forms & Documents
Download and print any of the following patient information documents (pdf) that are required for your visit.
Download and print any of the following procedure-related documents (pdf).
We offer a full range of surgical services from minor procedures to advanced cancer care. If you have a question about a service you do not see listed here, please contact our office to discuss your specific needs.
- General and advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Cancer surgery, including breast, bowel and thyroid
- Surgical treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, including reflux surgery (GERD)
- Breast cancer screening
- Endocrine surgery
- Screening and diagnostic endoscopy
Our staff also is experienced in handling workman's compensation cases. Our multidisciplinary team approach affords us the opportunity to participate in national programs to bring you the most advanced treatment in laparoscopic and cancer care.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we ask that you please call our office to notify us at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time. This enables us to offer the appointment time to another patient.
Our office accepts most major insurance plans, including a number of managed care plans (HMOs). Please check with our office for a full list of accepted insurance plans. Co-payments are not billable and are due at the time of your office visit. For your convenience, our office accepts payment in the form of cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card.
Most insurances require a referral to our surgical practice from your primary care physician. Please understand that we generally are not permitted to see you without a written referral and you will need to provide one at the time of your initial consultation. We cannot issue retroactive referrals for care already rendered and you may be responsible to pay for services rendered without a written referral. If you have any questions regarding referrals, please call our office -- we will be happy to help you.
Telephone Calls to the Office
We welcome your phone calls and encourage you to call the office during business hours. A member of our nursing staff is always available to answer most of your questions at the time of your call. In the event that one of the surgeons must be consulted for an answer, we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Our goal is to provide compassionate care and we want to answer your questions as fully and as completely as possible.
Prescription refills can be obtained during business hours only. Prescriptions for pain medications will not be refilled at night. Please plan to call during office hours and we will be happy to assist you.
If an urgent medical problem or emergency arises during our office hours, please call us right away. You will need to provide your name and a description of the emergency and we will try to respond promptly to your call. If you have an emergency that arises when our office is closed, please call our number and our answering service will take your call. Please indicate that you are calling with an emergency and the answering service will contact one of our on-call physicians.
Note: If you feel that any delay could result in a life-threatening situation, please proceed immediately to the nearest emergency room for treatment and notify our office as soon as you are able.
About our Doctor
Marian P. McDonald, MD, FACS
Chief of Surgery, St. Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus
More about Dr. McDonald
- Earned undergraduate degree from St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Awarded medical degree at The Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Completed the general surgery internship and was a general surgery resident at The Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio
- Completed the gastrointestinal surgical fellowship at The Lahey Clinic Foundation in Burlington, Massachusetts
- Appointed to a number of positions, including:
- Member of the St. Luke's Physician Group executive board
- Associate director of oncology services at St. Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus
- Member of the Tumor Board Activities Committee at St. Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus
- Member of the Cancer Advisory Committee at St. Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus
- Member of professional medical societies, including the American College of Surgeons, Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, Association of Women Surgeons, the American Society of Breast Surgeons and the Pennsylvania Society of Oncology and Hematology
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery