St. Luke's Gastroenterology Specialists
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Conditions and Services
Dr. Matin is a board-certified gastroenterologist (GI) specializing in diseases of the digestive system.
Dr. Matin has extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that effect the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine (colon) and biliary system (liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts). His areas of expertise include:
- Acid reflux
- Barrett's esophagus
- Cancer of the esophagus
- Stomach ulcers
- Hepatitis and pancreatitis
- Colon polyps/colonoscopy
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
(Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Bile duct stones
- Endoscopic ultrasound
To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 610-867-9240. Please give us your name and the reason for your call, and we will schedule an appropriate amount of time for your care. For your convenience, we see patients Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Our office provides 24-hour coverage for emergencies. If you have an emergency that arises during the day, please call our office immediately. Please provide your name and a description of the emergency. If an emergency arises at night or during the weekend, please call our office number and the physician on-call will be contacted. You can reach our office by calling 610-867-9240. If you believe any delay in medical attention could result in a life-threatening situation, please go immediately to the nearest emergency room for treatment and notify our office as soon as you are able.
As your gastroenterology specialty practice, we will coordinate your specialty care in this area. We will refer you to another specialist for treatment when medically necessary and continue to coordinate your specialty care with the consulting doctor. We require two business days for referrals.
If your insurance plan requires a prior written referral to see a specialist, you will be responsible for all fees if you access specialty care without the referral.
We are not able to issue retroactive referrals for care already rendered. If you have any questions regarding referrals, please call our office and we will be happy to help you.
Our office accepts most major insurance plans. Please check with our office for the list of plans in which we participate. Co-payments are not billable and therefore are due at the time of the office visit. Payments are accepted in cash, personal check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card.
About our Doctor
||Ayaz Matin, MD
- Received medical degree from The Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, Pakistan
- Completed residency in Internal Medicine at Hahnemann University Hospital/Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Completed fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Hahnemann University Hospital/Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Completed an advanced Endoscopy Fellowship at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York, New York
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Published in multiple gastroenterology journals
- Presents nationally at GI conferences and meetings
More about Dr. Matin