- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 1-1/4 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 cups pinto beans
- 6 cups crushed tomatoes
- 3 pounds diced chicken, cooked
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 bouillon cubes - base
In a large saucepan or skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic, peppers and dried seasonings over low heat for about 20 minutes.
Add beans and tomatoes. Simmer gently for 20 minutes. Stir in cooked chicken, chicken base simmer 30 minutes. Add lime juice and stir gently. Keep hot (over 1450F).
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 306 Calories; 12g Fat (33.8% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 324mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.