- 12 ounces chicken breasts without skin, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 cup porcini mushrooms, or other sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces diced tomato, canned
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose, (wondra)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
Heat pan, add oil; dust chicken with flour and add to the hot pan; turn chicken when it is brown, then start adding garlic, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and peppers. Toss 2 minutes, then add tomatoes, sherry, fennel, thyme, chicken broth and pesto. Serve over rice or pasta.
Per serving (excluding unknown items): 230.2 Calories; 4.6g Fat (18.4% calories from fat); 20.9g Protein; 25.4g Carbohydrate; 41mg Cholesterol; 183mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 2-1/2 Lean Meat; 1-1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.