PA Clinical Students
Program Clinical Coordinator Rotation Process for Physician Assistant Students
Please read the below information which outlines St. Luke's requirements to process a PA student. The Registration, Commitment to Privacy, IT Access form & Agreement, Student Volunteer Instructor Research Consent and Release form and Record Verification forms are to be returned to the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus at least two (2) weeks prior to the student's intended start date to Maureen Barrett, MPAS/PAC, Chief PA. Those students who have a criminal history are to also include the Criminal Background Investigation Report form and all original State/Federal issued criminal reports.
Rotation start dates will be delayed if materials are not received at least two weeks prior to the student's intended start date.
Please note that audits will be conducted to verify St. Luke's standards are met. Educational contracts will be revoked if files are incomplete.
Please call Maureen Barrett, MPAS/PAC, Chief Physician Assistant at 484-526-4641 with any questions.
Guidelines for Processing PA Students (updated 9/20/2012)
- Please read the attached for an explanation on processing PA students.
- View our online presentation for School Program Directors
Criminal Background Investigation Report
- If a criminal history is reported on the FBI Fingerprint Report, Child Abuse Clearance or PA State Police Criminal Background Check, please print this form and have the student complete and mail, along with all original criminal history reports, to the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus.
Immunization History Form (updated 8/26/2011)
- This form outlines the St. Luke's health history requirements which are to be kept on file at the school.
Drug Screen Requirements
Records Verification for PA Student (updated 9/20/2012)
- Please print the attachment and return to Maureen Barrett, Chief PA at the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus along with the Registration and Commitment to Privacy Forms.
- Please print the attached form and provide to students who have had a positive TB test in the past. This form, along with a clear chest x-ray and/or BAMT (Blood Assay Mycobacterium Tuberculosis) test, should be kept with the student's medical file.
Hepatitis B Declination Form
- Having the Hepatitis B series is strongly recommended for students completing an internship at St. Luke's, but is not required. Should a student decline the vaccine, the attached form should be completed and kept on file with their medical history.
- Please return the Registration, Commitment to Privacy form, Record Verification form and Student Volunteer Instructor Research Consent and Release form to:
Maureen Barrett, Chief PA
St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
- Incomplete materials will not be accepted, which may delay your PA student's start date.