Nursing Students - Program Director
School Program Director Internship Process for Nursing Students
Please read the below information which outlines St. Luke's requirements to process a student/intern. The required forms are to be returned to the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus - Educational Services Department prior to the student's intended start date to allow adequate time for review, processing and clearance. Those students who have a criminal history are to also include the Criminal Background Investigation Report form and all State/Federal issued criminal reports. Forms need to be submitted at least once annually.
Please note that audits will be conducted to verify St. Luke's standards are met. Educational contracts will be revoked if files are incomplete.
Please call the Director, Educational Services, 484-526-3031, with any questions.
Guidelines for Processing Students (updated 10/2013)
- Please read the attached for an explanation on processing students.
Students assigned to the Warren Campus will need to meet these additional requirements:
In addition to meeting the Network requirements, the State of New Jersey has additional requirements which include:
- NJ Department of Treasury (SDN)
- NJ Consolidated Debarment Report
- Those students with a significant likelihood of contact with children must also complete New Jersey State Police Criminal History Check. The required form is provided to the student by the Warren Campus hosting manager. To complete the form in the proper format, follow the instructions in the attachment.
Background Checks Required
The following documents must be on file with the school for students and instructors.
1. Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance
2. Pennsylvania criminal history check
3. Federal (FBI) Criminal record check
Criminal Background Investigation Report
- If a criminal history is reported on the FBI Fingerprint Report, Child Abuse Clearance or PA State Police Criminal Background Check, please print this form and have the student complete and mail, along with all original criminal history reports, to the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus Educational Services Department with other requirements listed below in step #7.
The student/instructor submits the Child Protective Services Law Affirmation with other clearance paperwork.
Immunization History Form (updated 05/22/2014)
- This form outlines the St. Luke's health history requirements which are to be kept on file at the school.
- It is important to note that all students are to have the most current, annual flu shot during flu season. Only religious or medical exemptions will be considered and should be submitted by completing the appropriate form (religious exemption form; medical exemption form) along with the other required documentation and verification form. School program directors will be notified if the exemption is approved. Exemptions not approved will require the student to either have the flu shot or their internship will not be approved.
- For those with questions regarding new flu requirement, please review this FAQ developed by our Employee Health Department.
Drug Screen Requirements
Record Verification for Student Interns (updated 07/01/2014)
- Please print the attachment and return to the St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus Educational Services Department with other requirements listed below in step #7.
||Warren Campus Student Verification Form (updated 07/01/2014)
- Please print the attached form and provide to students who have had a positive TB test in the past. This form, along with a clear chest x-ray and/or BAMT (Blood Assay Mycobacterium Tuberculosis) test, should be kept with the student's medical file.
- Please return the Registration, Commitment to Privacy, Information Technology Security, Child Protection Services Law Affirmation and Record Verification forms to:
Director, Educational Services Department
St. Luke's University Hospital - Bethlehem Campus
801 Ostrum Street
Bethlehem, PA 18015
- Postal mail required forms for students assigned to the Warren Campus to:
St. Luke's Warren Campus
185 Roseberry Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
- Incomplete materials will not be accepted, which may delay your student intern's start date.