Chat Room - Java Help
Help Installing and Enabling Java on Your Computer
Installing and Enabling Java
Do I have Java? Check if java is installed on your computer or to install the latest version of Java.
Go to Parachat Java Support for more chat help.
Enabling Java on Internet Explorer 4 or higher
- Open up an Internet Explorer Window.
- At the top of the screen, chose Tools from the Menu Bar.
- Click on the Security Tab.
- Select the Internet Zone (The Globe Icon).
- Click on the Custom Level Button.
- Scroll down until you see Scripting of Java Applets. Select Enable.
- Click on OK- Then, Click Yes.
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
- Scroll down until you see Java use JRE 1.6.0_03.
- Click on this checkbox.
- Click OK and then try to log back into the chat room.
Enabling Java in Firefox
- Open up a Firefox Window.
- Choose Tools from the Menu bar, then Options.
- Select the Content icon and make sure the Enable Java check box is selected.
- Click OK and then try to log back into the chat room
Using ParaChat with Macintosh Computers
For best performance, ParaChat recommends:
- Macintosh OS X (v10.6.x)
- Latest version of Safari (v5.x)
- Latest version of Java (JRE v1.6.0_24)
Apple supplies their own version of Java. Use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Java for your Mac.
For more information, please visit: