Sports & Rehabilitation
St. Luke's Sports & Rehabilitation offers a wide range of outpatient rehabilitation and wellness programs. With many convenient locations in the area, St. Luke's Sports & Rehabilitation is committed to helping people improve their lives with physical, occupational and speech therapy programs. Also, through the Wellness Program, St. Luke's Sports & Rehabilitation offers effective ways to achieve long-term weight loss, weight management and good nutritional habits.
Physical Therapy (physician referral required)
The specially trained staff helps patients with a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Strains and sprains
- Joint replacements
- Chronic fatigue
- Work-related injuries
- Disc herniations
- Post motor vehicle accidents
- Lower back pain
- Vestibular rehabilitation
Occupational Therapy (physician referral required): In-patient
Certified occupational therapists help patients restore or increase independent functional abilities with a number of programs, including:
- Splinting and hand therapy
- Transfer training
- Assistive equipment training
- Work site simulations and evaluations
- Home safety evaluations
- Fine and gross motor coordination
- Balance training
Speech and Language Therapy (physician referral required): In-patient
Certified speech-language therapists help infants, children, adolescents, adults and older adults with the following conditions:
- Apraxia/childhood developmental aprazia
- Language development (children)
- Developmental articulation
- Cognitive-linguistic deficits
- Cleft palate
Sports Medicine (physician referral required)
Help for children, adults and older adults who suffer injuries to any part of the body, including the back, neck, shoulders, knees and elbows, through casual or competitive sports activity.
A masters-trained exercise physiologist, licensed physical therapists, physical therapy assistants or exercise technicians develop programs to improve total health through our Wellness Program. The path to wellness begins with a few simple steps.
Includes a review of:
- Body composition
- Lifestyle risks
- A program to meet individual needs, goals and fitness level. The program includes the type and frequency of exercises, the best time for daily exercise and the most effective way to lose weight for better long-term health. The physical therapy staff monitors each member’s progress and makes any mid-course adjustments.
- Keeping an eye on medical status, including vital signs before and after each workout and after assigned routines, as needed.
Walk-in and scheduled appointments are available.