Next Step Health Career
CareerLink - Lehigh Valley
Department of Labor
The Next Step Health Career Program helps recent high school graduates transition into health-related careers.
The Next Step Health Career Program seeks to train high school graduates, ages 18 to 21, for success in entry-level careers in a health care setting. Participants will receive job-specific training and career coaching provided by St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network staff. At the end of the nine-month program, successful participants will have developed marketable job skills that will be relevant to a variety of health career settings.
Benefits of Participation
- Paid job within the St. Luke's Hospital & Health Network, subsidized by PA CareerLink Lehigh Valley, for nine-month program period
- Opportunity to apply and expand lessons learned in previous health career programs
- On-the-job training specific to the health care setting in which the participant will work
- Personal career coaching to elevate participants to a higher level of work readiness
- Targeted training in interpersonal skills, job-specific technology, critical thinking, and professional self-presentation
- Instruction in human resources skills, such as interview etiquette and pre-employment clearance requirements
Who is Eligible?
High school graduates ages 18 to 21 who meet criteria as low-income individuals as set forth by PA CareerLink Lehigh Valley may apply for participation in the Next Step Health Career Program. Applicants will be interviewed by representatives of PA CareerLink and St. Luke's, including a human resources staff member, the job coach, and the department/unit manager of the St. Luke's property where the individual is applying to work.