St Lukes Sponsors Early Fall Runs and Walks
St. Luke's University Health Network Sponsors Runs/Walks in Early Fall
Building a Healthier Community… one mile at a time.
Bethlehem, PA. (8/16/2013) - St. Luke's is sponsoring a number of 5K Run/ Walk and fitness activities in late August, September and October. The Walk/ Runs each have a specific purpose, from honoring trauma patients to raising funds for men's cancer and local children's programs or for increasing fitness and improving health in the community. Choose a run/walk that works for you and your family and get involved! The mileage of the Walks/Runs count towards the Get Your Tail on the Trail program and the 165 Mile Challenge (www.tailonthetrail.org).
St. Luke's 8th Annual Run With the Heroes 5K Run / Walk
- Honors the St. Luke's trauma patient heroes and caregivers
- 7:30 am on Saturday, September 14, 2013
- 100 Gracedale Avenue, Nazareth, PA 18064
- 7:30 am check-in
- 8:30 am run / walk begins- rain or shine
- Registration: www.sluhn.org/traumaheroes
St. Luke's Blue Ribbon 5K Race & Family Fun Walk
- Proceeds benefit Men's Health Initiatives through St. Luke's Cancer Center
- 7:30 am on Sunday, September 29, 2013
- Race / Walk begins on the trail in the Gardens at St. Luke's Hospital – Anderson Campus, 1872 Riverside Circle
Easton, PA 18045
- 7:30 am sign-in
- 8:30 am 5K Race
- Family Fun Walk begins at completion of race
- $25 5k registration fee (awards for top three male and top three female runners)
- $15 Walk registration fee (no fee for children under 12)
- Walk and run registrations include T-shirt on race-day
- Registration closes Wed, Sept. 4.
- Information and registration for Blue Ribbon 5k Race and Family Fun Walk: www.sluhn.org/blueribbon5k
St. Luke's Miners Campus Cares for Kids 5K and Kids Fun Run / Walk
- Proceeds benefit St. Luke's Miners Community Health programs (HealthStar vans, literacy programs, smoking cessation programs, etc.)
- 9 am on Saturday, October 5, 2013 (rain or shine)
- Lansford Pool is the starting point, loops around the St. Luke's Miners Hospital
- Lansford Pool is located at 111 E Bertsch St., Lansford, PA, 18232
- 5K Run & Walk - $20 pre-registration each, $25 day of event
- Kids Fun Run - $5 (kids 12 and under)
- Registration for St. Luke's Miners Campus Cares for Kids events: www.sluhn.org/caresforkids
St. Luke's Monster Mash and 5K Dash
- Proceeds benefit the Upper Perkiomen YMCA
- 9 am on Saturday, October 5
- St. Luke's Upper Perkiomen Outpatient Center, 2793 Gerryville Pike, Pennsburg, PA 18073
- Early Registration $20 per person or $50 per family
- Race day registration: $25 per person or $55 per family (registration includes T-shirt)
- Registration for St. Luke's Quakertown Harvest Fest and Monster Mash: www.sluhn.org/harvestfest
Get Your Tail on the Trail
- (Walk, bike, run – you choose the activity!)
- 9 am on August 24 – Bethlehem – Sand Island
- 10 am on September 28 – Easton – access D&L Trail off of Hope Road in Bethlehem Twp.
- 10 am on October 26 – Phillipsburg, NJ – Access Trail at Hugh Moore Park in Easton
- No cost. Register for walks at 1-866-STLUKES (1-866-785-8537).
- More information about the program, 165 mile challenge and how to log your miles may be found at www.tailonthetrail.org.
St. Luke's University Health Network
Director, Media Relations Director