Community Celebration at Miners
100th Anniversary Community Celebration at St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital
Fun-filled community event will be held Saturday, October 2 from 11 am – 3 pm
Coaldale, PA (9/29/2010) - St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital will mark its 100th anniversary with a community celebration on Saturday October 2 from 11 am to 3 pm. The staff will offer health screenings, children's activities and more as a way to give back to the community that has supported the hospital for the past 100 years.
On the Main Stage
- 11:30 am: Children's Book Author Michele Mack will read “Henry Fickle and the Magic Dragon of Pennsylvania”
- 1 pm: Tom Yurasits will present “Beyond Illusion Show”
Throughout the day enjoy:
- Strolling magic
- Balloon artistry
- Health screenings
- Mining display
- Children's Activities, geared to children ages 12 and under, including:
- Pick ‘n Decorate a Pumpkin – Children will be able to choose a pumpkin from the St. Luke's Pumpkin Patch and decorate it before taking it home.
- Fire Safety House - Children will be taught by local firefighters how to recognize fire and burn hazards, prevent fires and what to do in the event of a fire. Plus, see a fire truck up close.
- Inflatables - Play on the inflatable combo/slide and jungle bounce.
- Playing It Safe activities - Learn the importance of bicycle safety, hazards of smoking and how to recognize poisonous plants and home products.
Everyone is invited to enjoy an afternoon filled with fun along with safety and health tips. No registration is required. Rain date is Sunday, October 3 from 11 am to 3 pm.
Media is Invited
Media is welcome to attend the St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital 100 Anniversary Community Celebration. Confirmation of attendance is requested. All media representatives should find Andrea Visnosky, Director, Marketing & Public Relations, upon arrival.
For more information about St. Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital or the community celebration event, contact Andrea Visnosky, Director, Marketing & Public Relations at 570-645-8392.